Back to Square 1 no idea whats wrong

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
just had a thought this morning i know it did something like this before i change the turbo but think its worse after so it couldent be the turbo its self could it?

Dave would rememebr what it was like as he said was teriable before he changed the turbo but think was worse after the change.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Just had a call from garage i took it to they havent a clue wahts up with it all they can tell me is its loosing fuel pressure when it comes on boost rather than increasing it so not sure what that relats to?

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
Just had a call from garage i took it to they havent a clue wahts up with it all they can tell me is its loosing fuel pressure when it comes on boost rather than increasing it so not sure what that relats to?

Have you changed the fpr? I haven't read back through all the post so apologies if youve ruled it out. I'd also be checking the fuel pump (check voltage under boost), filters and everything else associated with it.

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester

It might we worth checking your injectors and seals Chris, I was losing boost through mine because the fuel rail was lose. Only did it under heavy boost, the injector was being pushed out by the pressure. Stank of fuel after i'd give it some.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Have you changed the fpr? I haven't read back through all the post so apologies if youve ruled it out. I'd also be checking the fuel pump (check voltage under boost), filters and everything else associated with it.

The FPR has been changed a couple of times between 3 and 4 bar so same on both dont think its that.

You know what block it is to log fuel pump as can give that a go?

djscorch Quote:

It might we worth checking your injectors and seals Chris, I was losing boost through mine because the fuel rail was lose. Only did it under heavy boost, the injector was being pushed out by the pressure. Stank of fuel after i'd give it some.

not notices any fuel smell but maybe give it a try how do you get them out and check them you know?

gonna go get a new fuel filter and swap that to rule ti out dont think there much anyway are they.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
So FPR,Fuel Pump,Fuel Filter,Fuel Relay?

I did say to you last night it COULD be you injectors..

The O-rings aint Expensive for the Dealers...But just look in to it abit more...

U swapped ur fuel filter yet?

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
the o rings (from dealers) come to about £18 for the 8 -

if your going to change them there are a few hidden bolts holding the fuel rail down -

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
not swapped filter yet going to do it 2moz, wouldent know how to do the injectors though may leave it to ads when take it there will just change filter.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Does anyone know if the fuel pump is inside the fuel tank or outside?
Also anyone know how much one would be roughly, spoke to a mate that thinks it might be that.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Your fuel pump can only supply as much fuel as the fpr allows it to and the injectors. If your injectors are putting enough fuel in then your pump is working fine. I would be v.surprised if this was your problem.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
What if there putting to much fuel in would that be pump or injectors?

Cause i think its putting to much fuel in but not enough fuel pressure if thats possible?

Is there a way of logging the fuel pump on vag-com?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
The fpr limits the amount of fuel that goes through it to the injectors. If it is overfuelling then the pump will be working fine and it is either your fpr or injectors.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
well it does same with a 3 bar fpr so must be injectors then could be blocked or just faulty all together. but have to see if can get each 1 or just swap all the lot there expensive though aint they?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise