Back to Square 1 no idea whats wrong

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
i know Map could affect it but difrrent ecus and reflash of map still same coolent temp sensor but thast been done maf again been done the lambda but thats no fault and when exaust was chanegd said was clean, so can only think it to be injectros then maybe have no idea though will get ads to test everything when it goes there on thursday.

Dec 31, 2005
London
so have you changed the lambda?
mines having the same problem, new maf didnt sort it but mine is thowing up fault codes for the lambda so going to change the precat sensor this weekend and see if that sorts it, but i was reading that it doesnt always show a code so maybe worth checking

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
no not changed lambda as been told its fine by awesome and ads also when downpipe ws changed they checked it and said was clean.

not managed to do fuel filter yet as couldn't get pipes off were stuck on.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Just got off phone to ADS hes saying its lots of boost leaks causing the problem but when ever awesome have looked it it never been able to find any so have told him to fix it as i cant find teh problem so its with him now till next thursday but hopefully he can fix it :(

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
hope so just seem very unlikely to cause problem but got to go with what he says i guess.

going to see how he can fix it may just get a forge kit if its defiantly goign to fix it lol

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
was thinking about it today and problem has been since had intercooler put on but did have few other problem at time like cracked turbo and broken down pipe and had stage 2 done as well so guess it could be the intercooler just dident think would cause this kind of problem, will have to see if the leaks can be fixed or if need a hole new intercooler.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
well just spoken to garage they fixed all boost leaks but still same as i though so now not sure what it is said got to look into it more but my bill is creaping up i bet :(

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
yep bought a new ecu worked fine for 20mins then back to same again sold that on again now.

i know hopefulyl can sort it got it till thursday now so will ahve been there a week. can only really afford about £300 at min bit skint but want it sorting really.

Dec 31, 2005
London
whats the fuel display readin like? reason i ask is that when my lambda was fuct with a full tank of petrol it wouldnt read over 150miles, changed it and its back to 200miles + with just over half a tank

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
erm no idea to be honest dont look i know i been using alot of petrol could be a lanbda but everyone seems to think thats okay, just there liek £100 to change and if it not that expensive do lol.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Cant seem to find any 1 thats had teh same problem as mine has had so no idea what it is, dont think lambda as what people ahve said happend with theres is no where near whats wrogn with mine lol.

Dec 31, 2005
London
yeah, but when mine went it had the same symptoms as you describe, vagcom says im still getting misfires but they arent noticeable when driving.

My symptoms were that of a coilpack gone, would go in and out of limp mode but misfiring all the time and dangerously stuttering in and out of boost

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
that does sound alot liek ti to be honest! mines just really bad that it wont rev properly.

hmm may give garage a call tomrow and see if worth changign ti if they cant find anything.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members