Back to Square 1 no idea whats wrong

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
I got a new ecu today put it on was expecting it to be standard ecu but turned out to be mapped.

to start off with worked perfectly fine boosts and had power obv not sure what map is on it anyway after about 20 mins started doing the same thing again as before so took ecu out again and it was a little damp so would this be the cause of my problem ecu getting wet? but would it do it that quickly or could somthing else be wrong too just straing how worked to start off with.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Was it wet when you put it in? Water could have got in and water and electrics dont mix but 20mins would be quick. Cant remember if its been said already but what is your actuator set at?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Spoken to Kev at Revo today he reckons it could be a grounding and wire isuse with the coil packs so going to take it and get the wires all looked at incase iv missed somthing on them.

reckons not ecu as said can take 20mins for it to adjust to new ecu then if starts problem again somthing else is the problem not ecu.

so back to square 1 again i guess :(

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
okay cheers phil will take alook later.

thanks danny will see what i can make out may ask to pop up some time if you can am getting to point of just stripping as much as i can off and trading it in somthing.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
yea its been goign on since about june last year so nearly a year now without it running properly lol.

yea mate i know what you want will just swap it to near enough standard take map off everything.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
danny came down and we spent about 2 hours stripping all wires back on coil packs all seesm fine none split or wires showing also let me try this coil packs and was still the same. tried as much as i could on it really but still the same.

Cheers for all help anyway danny

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
No probs lad....

Its gettin to a stage now were all the Easy bits have been crossed out...

Could there be something wrong internaly, Like a Bent valve or something i know im out of my Depth...

Is it worth Checking the Compression ?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
i know done everything can really do now gonnna see what garage say tomorow then.

need to see what people think about compression test and bent valves

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.