Back to Square 1 no idea whats wrong

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
well iv had the downpipe changed to standard one today and its still bad :(

feels abit better boosts and holds in 3rd but think its because its taking longer to spool as its smaller downpipe.

i dont know what to do next try another ecu with diffrent map see if that does anything then a new lambda other than that its trade it in a buy a new car lol so fed up of it now.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
yea its been to afew garages awesome had its place called pro sport and place called ads and none can say whats wrong with it only ruled things out.

cheers danny let us know when you can do it then so can test that cause dont know what else to do.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
well awesome tried every thing and put it down to a map isuse so took it to ADS which is a revo dealer he had it for good part of a day reflashed it checked everything again adn still had the same problem. What it comes down to at the min is i dont have enough money just to leave it with some one spent about £700 allready trying to fix it so to again leave it some where else at like £55 a hours for a good day or so be into hundreds and there cant really be much more to do can there?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Well 3 Lots of spark Plugs, full set of coil packs, new maf, new coolent temp sensor, Ko3s Turbo, new Forge TIP, new intercooler pipes, new vac pipping, was checked for boost leaks twice also N75 was swapped twice and still same, reflash of ecu to stage 2 again and as of today swaped back to standard downpipe think thats everything may of missed some been that long.

cheers danny well ill give you a text around then and will pop down just to check that it you dont mind to rule it out as a faulty ecu.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Just a quick one i had a mess around with the car today and lemmiwinks i turned the boost down ch12 to 93.3 just to test and the cars not missfiring or anything now only boosting to around 18psi but holds it and with no drama and not tried messing with it properly yet to see what i can get it to before problem starts but would any one know why that would cause it not to have the problem? could it be a case its just been over boosting as it only does it when hits full boost.

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Went out again and managed to get the boost to 95.3% and seems to run fine on that and no missfire at all so seems to be working again but obv not boosting as high as it could think it goes to about 19psi then drops to around 10psi at redline am going to keep an eye on it run it for abit and do some logs.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
just to let you know tried dannys ecu and worked fine so seems like its a map or faulty ecu but map has allready been reflashed before.

does any one know who can repair ecus or look at them see whats wrong with it?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
i`d proberly say ECU if its been re-flashed.

Im not surprized its goofed to be honest, i looked at my ECU for the first time today while the scuttle panel was off and mine was wet on top.

Its such a crap design.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
yea just hope it was the ecu as dannys wouldent boost that hight on mine only about 15psi and seem to only get the problem on full boost like 20psi so just abit of dout to weather it is that or not at mine but closer i guess.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.