Got my RAID LED lights tinted (few pics)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Copra said:
yes, the ones in the pic of your car!![B)] :funk: [B)]

ooh i want them so bad. My mrs would actually kill me if i got them before holiday though. i promised i wouldnt get my bumpers sprayed and fit them before holiday, or get the suspension fitted...how i am still alive is a mystery, so i had better wait:(:D

just do it! ;)

she wont noticed... if she does just say you cleaned the car! :lol:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Copra said:
oh, possibly a bad solder joint or loose connection?

good thinking about the lights :)

oh i see your in camberley, i live in farnborough, i'll wave if i see you about:)

rob... thats wat i suggested to you before because it does sound very strange! :confused: :blink:

(im sure u have double and tripple checked the scotch locks connections! ;))

iv been constantly checking my lights and im happy to say that they work 100%!

i think its a big coincidence about you changing your brakes rob... i dont know, seams a bit fishy really! :think:

ask your sony TV guy! :yes:

james :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Fl@pper said:
i still prefer diadem indicators to silver ones but does look clean though

i have the osram diadems in my projector front head lamps and they look wicked i think! :yes:

i put the standard LCR philips silvertecs in the rears and wen i got my RAID rear LED lights i just wacked them back in, i did think about buying another set of diadems but decided not to/forgot all about it in the end (because the silvertec bulbs do compliment the lights very wel!)

tho now u have me thinking again! :rolleyes:

i think il take one of my front diadems out and put them in the rear and see which i prefer!

in fact i may do it at the essex meet 2mo and get other peeps views on it! :yes:

Last edited:

FILOU

Hello! I buy the same product and I have problems. I have the indicator which ignites on my dashboard and the third lights brake also ignites... Resistences should be posed? You do not have a simpler solution?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
u need to fit the 6ohm resistors and then use vag com to clear ur fault codes to get rid of the CEL light!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Copra said:
i was going to fit diadems when i get mine. cant beat the oily blue look of the bulb, they look lovely :)

decided to stick with my philips Silvertecs as they compliment the lights soooo much! :yes:

FILOU

J@mes said:
u need to fit the 6ohm resistors and then use vag com to clear ur fault codes to get rid of the CEL light!

Ok where do do buy resistors ?
Excuse me for my english... I m french it s difficult for me ...

My web site is: www.leon-concept.com

FILOU

FILOU said:
Ok where do do buy resistors ?
Excuse me for my english... I m french it s difficult for me ...

My web site is: www.leon-concept.com

Can you give me the exact references of resistances? One needs two of them it is Ca? Thank you very much!

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
Hey

We have used x2 12 ohm 25w resistors wired in parralell to each rear lamp, you need to use those splicing tabs you can get from any good part store :p

And splice them onto the ground & postive brake light wires.

Becuase the LED's have less resistance than a standard incandecent bulb, it cuases the rear high level brake light to glow.. for some insane and retarted reason, the same way fitting LED indicators makes the rest of the indicators flash twice as fast.

The incandecent bulbs are rated at about 6ohms, however finding 6ohm 25w restistors isnt easy, so x2 12ohms in parrallel has the same effect.

However i need to stress that i have had problems (james says he hasnt) with this setup, sometimes the rear brake lights do not come on, which as you can image is somewhat dangerous. I am unsure if this is faulty resitor, LED light system or what ever. I dont have an explanation as of yet, but plan to spend a good few hours with the meter, and my service manager (who sorted this out to me) to try and undestand whats happening.

Rob

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.