DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
its just gettin someone to make me up a bracket for the linkage that is being the problem...

Working out around £100 just for the bracket which doe me is expensive even tho its a Bit of plate and 4 holes through it,....

Just Email jim at star peformance gotta see what he says...

RobDon

Pro Detailer
£100 is a joke man, it just a flat bit of steel, even alloy would do, roughly 4 inches square by 3mm thick with 4 holes in it about 2 inches apart, bolt the plate to the 'box using the left hand holes and bolt the shifter bracket to the plate using the right hand holes, which will move the shifter cables and bracket away from the turbo inlet by around 2 inches, enough to get a bigger elbow in there. I'll try and get my camera down there tomorrow to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
When i had a GT2x on my car i made a custom bracket for the gear linkage to move the gear linkage over the right abit. I used a standard linkage mount and cut it up and welded extra sections on so it would move over, set the linkage up and it was fine, there was abit of stress on the cables but nothing major, ive just looked over my files on my pc to see if i had any pics of it but i cant find anything. I had to do this just so i could fit a intake boost pipe

Last edited:

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
When i had a GT2x on my car i custom made a bracket for the gear linkage to move the gear linkage over the right abit. I used a standard linkage mount and cut it up and welded extra sections on so it would move over, set the linkage up and it was fine, there was abit of stress on the cables but nothing major, ive just looked over my files on my pc to see if i had any pics of it but i cant find anything. I had to do this just so i could fit a intake boost pipe

Thanks Mikey

Yeah I havent had to move anything at the moment with this atp but reading on vwvortex and a 3'' tip is a must...

Also this is something i wanna be looking at a 51 to 76mm 90Degree reducer of the turbo then i can make it up my self...
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0022R&product=FMR76-51

Ive also Bought a 25mm Self sealing but too Does it matter were i put the dv port as long as it before the maf

Last edited:

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Just had a Brain wave...

Could I keep the 2.5 Elbow i have on atm and Get a Metal Joiner made up for 2.5 to 3'' and then use the 3'' for the rest of it...

So basically 3'' then Right near turbo reduces down to 2.5....would same me Moving the Linkages then woulndt it..

Something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intercooler-a...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Then it would be 3'' up to the maf and all the way to the filter...

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
what i used is 3" 90degree elbow i think then i cut the standard tip down and used a metal joiner to connect them together the metal joiner had a little out pipe to connect the lower vac line to it. i think thats how i did it but it was a year and half back so really cant remember to much lol sorry

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
what i used is 3" 90degree elbow i think then i cut the standard tip down and used a metal joiner to connect them together the metal joiner had a little out pipe to connect the lower vac line to it. i think thats how i did it but it was a year and half back so really cant remember to much lol sorry

Yeah All i need in the tip is a Dv port as i no long have EVAP,SAI,N75 and have a Catch tank fitted

Yeah im going to get a 2.5 to 3'' metal reducer so it will be around 3'' away from the inlet then it will be 3'' all the way up to the filter neck...