DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
worked out how?

Bill Just going of what Dpj said to me as theres a way to work it out is it 1.12?

When Wild willy fitted a 3'' tip he seen before and afterlogs a 10g/s just from a larger tip..Now considering ive got a filter thats older than me...and its uber fecked

Then a 3'' maf that instanly reduces down to 2.5 which narrows the flow down..

Now ive got a uber large filter With a 80mm Neck then a 80mm Hose to the S3 maf then its 3'' all the way down to the Inlet which reduces down to 51mm...

Il get some Pictures for you lot 2morro night off Both sets up...Just to Show you Visaly what i mean...

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I got an extra 10g/sec by just upgrading the TIP in the LCR for a cutom 3 inch tip all the way to the turbo collar which is 2 inch. That gain was over a samco uprated Tip. 8g/sec more when upgrading Jetex cone also.
Some seem to think that its a pointless excercise since your airflow is restricted by the smallest csa of pipework in the run ie the 2 inch turbo outlet.
The gains actually come from increasing the csa of the bends in the TIP to 3 inch. People who work in the ventillation business will tell you that the tighter the bends the greater the airflow losses.
People who go BT experience big gains, largley due to the superior turbo fitted but also the large TIP and better flowing manifold play a big part also.
Our smaller turbos thrieve on more air, i noticed my duty cycle reduced noticeably reduced.
Custom 3inch TIP and huge Jetex allowed me to run 1.4 bar at red line @ an actuator pressure of 10psi as opposed to 14 psi which was required to get the same boost levels whith my samco Tip and green panel filter.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Sounds interesting fair play!

It was just a logical thought i had because the air enterd the MAF before the TIP.

Look forward to seeing some logs!

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Sounds interesting fair play!

It was just a logical thought i had because the air enterd the MAF before the TIP.

Look forward to seeing some logs!

The Maf is 3'' Which then reduces down to a 2.5 then down more to 51mm..

Now it will be 3'' all the way down to 3'' near the turbo...then goes straight to 51mm...So its the same size as the maf which only reduces down right near the turbo...and with me having a Huge new filter with a 80mm neck and Pipe...

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Danny what silicone are you using for these bends in the TIP? Thinking of doing the very same thing myself now but thought the likes of the Forge TIPs were reinforced?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
be interesting for you to compare before and after logs.

losses on intake are multiplied by the pressure ratio.... wilko posted about this from time to time, and is spot on what he says.

Its not unconnected why I like top mount turbo installs, as its no compromise outet, AND, inlet. no nasty sharp bends to have to accomodate to fit a TIP past g'box.

:)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Danny what silicone are you using for these bends in the TIP? Thinking of doing the very same thing myself now but thought the likes of the Forge TIPs were reinforced?

Yeah I got a Decent 3'' Hose made by samco with the 5 layers in side the housing...same as the forge one..Not a cheap silicone version as i splashed out on a top notch one....

Bill: yeah i have read what wilko wrote but i can't find it again...

I made 173g/s @ 6krpm last time with this current restrictive set up...My laptops been sent away so doing a prober one is a no no till i get it back..

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Got a link for that? ;)

Had a quick look online and can only really find 5mm thicknesses with a 4-ply construction if that's what you meant?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Even if they relocate it,it still recircs back to the same place. I wuldnt go to close to the MAF having had problems previously with my Mk4 golf tip where the dv port was too close to the maf so on let off the maf was gettin confused with the flow goin through it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.