DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
thats better:D

how is the TIP going....and you are going down the Methy route as well like Robdon

Yup...Just waiting on the Sealing Bung to arrive and the 90D bend too...Then i can Fit it all together...
Its Defo a Massive improvemnt in size for defo...

I will be going down the WMI soon but got my Wot box & 2 step launch controller to keep me busy for a while...

jamiebennett81

Danny have you discovered some secret power of the gt2x to cope with it's 500bhp filter ;)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Yeah Curzon said i should see the 210g/s to 225 g/s so make it around the 280bhp and 299bhp mark...

But then again its estimates...Im happy ive found my restriction tho...just need to get it all on the car nad log it..

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Yeah Curzon said i should see the 210g/s to 225 g/s so make it around the 280bhp and 299bhp mark...

But then again its estimates...Im happy ive found my restriction tho...just need to get it all on the car nad log it..

I could be barking up the wrong tree here, but g/s is read by the maf so how is a larger TIP going to increase your g/s when the maf is installed before the TIP? The filter may give you abit but not that much.

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
How restrictive if the standard TIP, when you put a Forge TIP on you get a better g/s straight away, so in theory Danny's 3" TIP should work better as its allowing more air to pass past the MAF
Shockingly i agree with Danny on this one :blink:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
But the MAF is before the TIP, so the air will be read by the MAF and then down into the TIP.

Ive read and proven myself you gain more g/s with better filters but dont think ive ever seen anything about g/s being incresed by a larger TIP?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
But the TIP is still allowing more air in

Think about it like this. If you had a small straw in a drink and sucked at the straw, you will get a small amount of drink through, but if you put a bigger straw in the same drink and suck at the same rate your gunna get more drink as the straw allows more to come through

Best way i can think to explain it

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Yeh i understand your logic but i also get were Danny's coming from. It should increase his g/s through the same principle of a standard TIP to a Forge one, but obviously the logs will show us by how much. I personally think it should get miles better as his filter was too restrictive to start with and making the TIP bigger should just finish it off nicely :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.