DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

jamiebennett81

sure am Mate...the more i drive it the more i feel the difference..

Gotta Fit my Wot Box now then il get some Launching Vids & 0-100 ones too...On a private road of course..

i just dont rate the wot box, I dont think the standard gear boxes can handle it, judging from the issues Phil reported with his

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
i just dont rate the wot box, I dont think the standard gear boxes can handle it, judging from the issues Phil reported with his

It wasn't the Wot Box that caused it..

It was somthing like 5 1/4 miles runs,3 full track days and some searious Genreal driving Thats made it go...

It might Not even be the clutch things are pointing at the Master cylinder...plus theres a few people on here had them fitted well over a year with the Gt28...

cuprachrissy

ive looked extensively into the wot boxes because i wanted to know what i was buying (if i was buying one). after reading through A LOT of forums and websites the general idea is that they cause more problems than good. so many cars have had serious amount of problems ie clutch, flywheel, gearbox, etc etc.
a bit gutted to be honest as i really wanted to get one, they may be good at first but its the baggage it comes with that worries me.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
ive looked extensively into the wot boxes because i wanted to know what i was buying (if i was buying one). after reading through A LOT of forums and websites the general idea is that they cause more problems than good. so many cars have had serious amount of problems ie clutch, flywheel, gearbox, etc etc.
a bit gutted to be honest as i really wanted to get one, they may be good at first but its the baggage it comes with that worries me.

Thats the thing you see its abit marmite as people have had problems IE use it everyday(searious abuse) and people who only use it when wanting to actually boot it...

I Had done some searious Reading on vortex and i heard more Good reviews than Bad and most of the bad oned were down to some searious clutch Abuse...
It makes it a good option if you want to boot it but you don't have to use the wot shift in anyway what so ever...

Or if you want to race something you can actually use it...

Edit: also Have you read up on Powershifting? Or the Wot shifting as there to different things...

AS powershifting is when you have to hit the right Rpm to shift...If you 10.20 100rpm out the teeth will grind...

Now the Wot box kit is a firmware which actually Electronically does it for you...Hitting the correct Rpm Shift everytime no matter what the Rpm only on full throttle..

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
filter+TIP is looking good danny!

If it doesnt come with one i think you should put the WOT shift on a switch so when you want to boot it but dont need to save those couple of seconds you dont need to run it and have it turned off and turn it on when you need it like 1/4 mile etc..

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
filter+TIP is looking good danny!

If it doesnt come with one i think you should put the WOT shift on a switch so when you want to boot it but dont need to save those couple of seconds you dont need to run it and have it turned off and turn it on when you need it like 1/4 mile etc..

Its comes with all that...

As it only Works When it Detects that''you'' Havent took you foot of the accel then it will detect u put the clutch in..then the blue LED will tell you thats you wot shifting..

Or you can drive it hard like Normal but take ur foot of the accel like you normally would....

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
O right it does sound like a good propper piece of kit, and anything will give soon or later it you just rag the **** out of your car so it will be hard to get a straight forward review on it because everyone drives there cars different.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
O right it does sound like a good propper piece of kit, and anything will give soon or later it you just rag the **** out of your car so it will be hard to get a straight forward review on it because everyone drives there cars different.

Yeah right!

dont get me wrong i drive my car how its ment to be driven but i don't kill it everwere...

And id only use the Kit for 1/4 runs and going up against something quicker that i just need that bit of a advantage....

I wouldn't use it all the time...Unless i wanna play with it...

Last edited:

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Righty O Next up for me Is a Simple Dyno Run..

So whats Everyones bets on what bhp & torque She'l make?

My Engine Spec is:

Cr Turbo's Gt2x (Reworked) Turbo :- Port & Polished Internals & Wastegate area,Bigger exhaust turbine,360 Degree thrust Bearing,
ATP Big bore manifold
Custom 3'' Turbo intake pipe
2.5 Milltek Catback System With no silencer
Custom 3'' downpipe with 2.75 De-cat
Custom Star Performance map
3'' S3 Maf with Ibiza Element
380cc S3 Injectors @ 440cc at 4bar
Bosch 4bar FPR
Billet Turbosmart MBC Set @ 1.55bar
500bhp custom Jetex Filter
Oil catch tank
Forge Dump valve With Yellow Uprated Spring
Forge Dump Valve Relocation Kit
Forge Sai Blanking plate
Large Custom Intercooler
63mm Charge Pipe And throttle Body pipe Work
Sai Removal
Egr Removal
N112 Removal
N249 Removal
Evap Removal
Helix Vr6 Clutch with ARP bolts
Fiblanza Lightened G60 Flywheel
Denso Ik22 Cold grade spark Plugs

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.