DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

jamiebennett81

horses for courses guys :)

I just dont like a turbo that takes 3500rpm to spool (same as a BT) and then fails to deliver the power of a BT

each to their own. Glad you are both enjoying the setup

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
horses for courses guys :)

I just dont like a turbo that takes 3500rpm to spool (same as a BT) and then fails to deliver the power of a BT

each to their own. Glad you are both enjoying the setup

Yeah im loving mine But want to improve on it...

So looking in to a WMI kit a Mild Setup and ive got someone Making me up a 3'' Tip with a fecking Huge filter which just fits in the engine bay...

I found my restriction which was the Current air filter as its rated to 210bhp LCR one...My new one is rated to 420bhp and is Huge....

Im keeping what ive got and goin to Adjust things slightly to see what i can get..

Mine is superb too, combined with the SEM manifold and 70mm TB it is pretty darn quick - enjoying it alot right now! :D

Glad to hear it...Mines flying too 1st and 2nd gear are useless lol...I don't fiind my laggy any more i really don't

RobDon

Pro Detailer
It delivers power alright, just not on your car for some reason Jamie. I had a hybrid K04 before the GT2X and this hybrid GT2X just destroys it for power, CR Turbos have done an awesome job on it. I don't find it particularly laggy either, spools fast enough for me.

jamiebennett81

Yeah im loving mine But want to improve on it...

So looking in to a WMI kit a Mild Setup and ive got someone Making me up a 3'' Tip with a fecking Huge filter which just fits in the engine bay...

I found my restriction which was the Current air filter as its rated to 210bhp LCR one...My new one is rated to 420bhp and is Huge....

Im keeping what ive got and goin to Adjust things slightly to see what i can get..

Glad to hear it...Mines flying too 1st and 2nd gear are useless lol...I don't fiind my laggy any more i really don't

when is the RR then mate for the results. Although TBH that is just for pub talk, so long as you are happy with it

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
when is the RR then mate for the results. Although TBH that is just for pub talk, so long as you are happy with it

Need to sort a few things out 1st then fit all my new Breathing Bits then il get it RR'd At awesomeGti.
Should be in around 2-3weeks time..

I spoke to Cupra_matt And when he had the gt2x he Made 302bhp With a Mild Setup off Methanol...

It delivers power alright, just not on your car for some reason Jamie. I had a hybrid K04 before the GT2X and this hybrid GT2X just destroys it for power, CR Turbos have done an awesome job on it. I don't find it particularly laggy either, spools fast enough for me.

Yeah i have to agree there..

Its a Really torquey little turbo so pulls nice just off Boost.As for Spooling it isnt Bad either as when it does come alive it just goes like stink...

Ive got a 2.5 Tip on at moment and wondering if i can Cut and join the hard plastic Coolant pipe near the tip to allow me to fit a 3'' tip..

Like cut a 4'' section out of it then match up a silicone hose and bypass it out of the way for the tip...

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Need to sort a few things out 1st then fit all my new Breathing Bits then il get it RR'd At awesomeGti.
Should be in around 2-3weeks time..

I spoke to Cupra_matt And when he had the gt2x he Made 302bhp With a Mild Setup off Methanol...

Yeah i have to agree there..

Its a Really torquey little turbo so pulls nice just off Boost.As for Spooling it isnt Bad either as when it does come alive it just goes like stink...

Ive got a 2.5 Tip on at moment and wondering if i can Cut and join the hard plastic Coolant pipe near the tip to allow me to fit a 3'' tip..

Like cut a 4'' section out of it then match up a silicone hose and bypass it out of the way for the tip...
Make the TIP as large as you can, not only will it improve flow but it will lower the duty cycle a little too.
1.5 bar at the red line is awesome. My K04 Hybrid holds that boost at red line when i want it too and it is ridicuously quick. 1.5 bar at red line is good by any turbo standard.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Make the TIP as large as you can, not only will it improve flow but it will lower the duty cycle a little too.
1.5 bar at the red line is awesome. My K04 Hybrid holds that boost at red line when i want it too and it is ridicuously quick. 1.5 bar at red line is good by any turbo standard.

Yeah it goes Really well...
Since i sorted the leaks out and other bits its been Brillaint..I just need to fit my new filter and make a new tip up..

How did u do yours Willy?

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
I think WMI will definately see it over 300bhp no problem - I am seriously considering it too instead of spending thousands more on another turbo kit.

Exactly.

I was the same 300bhp on a mild Methanol setup would Defo be awesome...

Just look at Daves Gtrs setup on his leon...

Theres a few Prices Knocking about lately but its working out cheaper if i buy direct for a supplier..

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
My mate has got a new camera and we've just been learning how to use it...
Some pictures from tonight got loads more to upload wen i get a minute...Not bad for a 2nd attempt

Pictures:
bayghost-1.jpg

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

DSCF03311.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0352.jpg

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0445.jpg

DSCF0380.jpg

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
The picture where you were in the middle with the light just being random is the best, you looked like some dodgy old raver lol

You need some better sidelights though mate ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members