DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
My car is not laggy at all no.

Yeah Mines doesnt feel laggy by the time is comes on boost hard @ 3k then 700rpm later im holding boost...

Been on the phone to backdraft today to order some parts and 6cfs is about right But could look at gettin a new Bigger FMIC...

Then i rang CR turbo's and spoke to mark about my Hybrid he can do it with a full rebuild and Hybrid treatment all in for £395...

But were got chatting 30mins alater i mentioned about better flow he said we make the exhaust housing bigger when it becomes a hybrid ''BUT'' we could make it even bigger to allow alot more flow if needs be...

So he's going to get back to me...

Loads off people on here said it laggy....I personally don't think it is....

jamiebennett81

Yeah Mines doesnt feel laggy by the time is comes on boost hard @ 3k then 700rpm later im holding boost...

Been on the phone to backdraft today to order some parts and 6cfs is about right But could look at gettin a new Bigger FMIC...

Then i rang CR turbo's and spoke to mark about my Hybrid he can do it with a full rebuild and Hybrid treatment all in for £395...

But were got chatting 30mins alater i mentioned about better flow he said we make the exhaust housing bigger when it becomes a hybrid ''BUT'' we could make it even bigger to allow alot more flow if needs be...

So he's going to get back to me...

remember, fitting a bigger and clipped compressor wheel will make it laggier and peak boost slightly later, but holding harder till the redline

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

the 3 or 4 i have been in so far have all flattered to deceive. not worth the extra wait for the extra they gave. all the lag of BT without the 320bhp power figure of BT

maybe you have got a mutant one, like Alex's k03s ibiza which claimed a 250+bhp level.

never seen one personally.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
But you dont see full boost by 3k danny, its by over 4k, thats why we're saying its laggy.

I think the weird wg duty figures are down to the MBC being installed. I still think you need to run it on an n75 first then se how its running.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
il try the n75 tonight see how i get on....As ive replaced all the vac line with decent stuff now...

Yeah bill mine must be ODD lol As i was in front off a P1 and a evo 8 it goes really well

its ''Just'' traction that is doing my Nut in!!!!!

Im goin to hybrid it with bigger FMIC and pipe work and see how it goes as my Inlet & charge pipe were that hot i could'nt put my hand on it...

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
RIght ive tryed the n75 and the boost is rising from 2,3krpm then full around 3.5krpm but peaks @ 21psi and holds around 19psi i think....

Its on boost really quick but doesnt feel '' AS '' quick....Dunno might just be me...

Im looking at a EBC now as every person ive have spoke to has told me to get one and is a Must with this setup...Even Jim @ star told me to run a EBC

So im looking for a Ebc now got my eye on a Apex and Greddy spec 2 fully programable..

its feels low down just like a K03s now Some more tweeking/logs are need IMO...

But am getting there...

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Strange when it was on my car boost was always on full at 3700rpm. And am sure robdons use to be 3700 before hybrid and sem

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Its @ 12psi at 3.1krpm then Boom its off...

The mbc feels better but going to Ditch both of them and get a EBC..Like i should of done a long time ago...

Part of me is thinking is it the FMIC System...As it can't Flow/Expense Air quick enought If im full spooled up at 4.1krpm and others 3.7rpm 400rpm off...Sure that is a flow problem...

edit: Matt also said his spooled up quicker with a ebc fitted?

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

Its @ 12psi at 3.1krpm then Boom its off...

The mbc feels better but going to Ditch both of them and get a EBC..Like i should of done a long time ago...

Part of me is thinking is it the FMIC System...As it can't Flow/Expense Air quick enought If im full spooled up at 4.1krpm and others 3.7rpm 400rpm off...Sure that isnt a flow problem...

MBC and EBC are the same, effectively an solenoid at the end of the day, prove me wrong, but the turbo is close to max capacity as it is.....

I dont see an EBC making that much of a difference