What did you and your MK2 do today?

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
As promised heres some pics of my attempts @ 4D Gloss Black Carbon Fibre Wrapping...
20140126_133142_zpsca83ef03.jpg
20140126_133127_zps8f72ec8b.jpg
20140126_133119_zpsbd194bac.jpg
20140126_133112_zpsde940468.jpg
20140126_133106_zps34014e65.jpg
20140126_132124_zps7f95688b.jpg

Dig the badges and the pillars mate, on my to do list. Not sure about the mirror covers or fuel flap though, but it's your car man!

Interested in how your scuttle panel looks, been considering that for a while, along with the rear valance.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
I mite leave the fuel flap covered for a bit, i like being different..i must admit im not that keen on it either but mite leave it to see if it grows on me..

the pillars took about 20/25 mins each mirrors took about 30 mins each as there quite tricky to get to fit back on as you have to cut the wrap right back on the inside, front and back badges were a RIGHT pain getting the wrap into the badge recesses...yet the fuel flap which with being round i expected to be tricky took 10mins..

i recon the scuttle panel would take me around 3hrs as its a big piece to do + not a straight forward shape to wrap.I recon i could do it but i'd have to take my time over the curves..

is the scuttle easy to get off?

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Just won a seat arm rest from germany..the seller wanted £43.00 + uk postage which is cheap anyway but i was in a cheeky mood so offered £27.00 + postage ( £14.00 ouch ) & he accepted.......BARGIN!!!!!!!

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Scuttle is yeah. There's bolts and clips under the bonnet insulation.

The washer jets are part of it too so watch out for that.

Damn forgot about that, well ok mayb 4hrs then, do the washer jets come out and leave a hole or do they stay in when you take scuttle out?

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
I mite leave the fuel flap covered for a bit, i like being different..i must admit im not that keen on it either but mite leave it to see if it grows on me..

the pillars took about 20/25 mins each mirrors took about 30 mins each as there quite tricky to get to fit back on as you have to cut the wrap right back on the inside, front and back badges were a RIGHT pain getting the wrap into the badge recesses...yet the fuel flap which with being round i expected to be tricky took 10mins..

i recon the scuttle panel would take me around 3hrs as its a big piece to do + not a straight forward shape to wrap.I recon i could do it but i'd have to take my time over the curves..

is the scuttle easy to get off?

Just ordered 3m carbon vinyl tonight going to be doing the skuttle, mirrors, badges and pillars. May also attempt the splitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just booked in to remove a silencer from my FR and replace with a through pipe... For £45 I cannot grumble :)

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Just ordered 3m carbon vinyl tonight going to be doing the skuttle, mirrors, badges and pillars. May also attempt the splitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer ordered mine today for the scuttle panel, I've been having a good look over it and I recon the area around the washer jets will be the hard bit.......im not sure whether the little square bit that washer jets sit in comes out or is fixed into the scuttle panel...

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
Pretty sure it comes out mate if I remember rightly when I sprayed mine gloss black a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
99% sure I've found the wheels off my old leon for sale on eBay. Won't be many people have the 17" FR alloys finished in satin anthracite and have 2 Goodyear eagle f1s and 2 Pirelli rossos. Gutted if they are cos they're wrecked! I wonder what condition my old car is in...

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
99% sure I've found the wheels off my old leon for sale on eBay. Won't be many people have the 17" FR alloys finished in satin anthracite and have 2 Goodyear eagle f1s and 2 Pirelli rossos. Gutted if they are cos they're wrecked! I wonder what condition my old car is in...

Best not to think about it mate, my last car was a Racing Puma (according to V5 data there are less than 250 left) and the last I heard it was being broken for parts :(

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Best not to think about it mate, my last car was a Racing Puma (according to V5 data there are less than 250 left) and the last I heard it was being broken for parts :(

It must be pretty sad when you've spent loads of time/money on it and then to sell it on to someone that doesn't look after it!

Anyway, today I had a little fiddle with VCDS! I've enabled digital mph display and also ran the basic adjustment on my xenons.

After lowering my car the headlights have been absolutely abysmal. It's so so easy to use. I'm completely amazed at how far out they were, but there's so much more range now, I have my headlights back :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.