What did you and your MK2 do today?

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Well after trying and failing for an hour to get my Hids on the passenger side to stop flashing on & off ( either new bulb or control box need sob sob ) I thought I'd fit my brand new from germany arm rest ( got it for £40.00 posted ).

Its a genuine armrest but its the older kind that sit about 4" above the cupholders ( here in lies the problem ):its just to high @ the mo & makes changing gear hard work.

But im an engineer by trade so refuse to be beaten, this weekend I'll be attacking the arm strut and fixing mount to hopefully reduce the height by about 2"....im also hoping to fit my ipod in there with the wire going through the bottom of the arm rest...

For £40.00 I'll make the damn arm rest lower & more comfy to use....

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Couple of hours logging and tweaking my Revo stage 1 with the SPS. Happy with the setting on there now, plus it can go back to standard for when the other half uses the car. Result! :p

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Managed to steal the LCR from the wife today and had a clear run down a lovely road.

I enjoyed myself. Moreso than in the old mapped CR170. We'll just leave it at that ;)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
ega9aty6.jpg

Just a picture of my headlights aligned and the digital mph display :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
managed to steal the lcr from the wife today and had a clear run down a lovely road.

I enjoyed myself. Moreso than in the old mapped cr170. We'll just leave it at that ;)
It's not just me then, they are addictive......

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
Just fitted the neuspeed turbo discharge pipe. The throttle pipe isn't arriving from America for another couple of weeks. Ill be honest I wasn't expecting anything noticeable. How wrong I was. With v3.31/3.4 APR. the cars throttle response is greatly improved and the torque on boost has certainly increased by the way it feels to me. That is not placebo. I will be logging to double check :)

excellent news m8,cant wait to fit mine now:D
was it easy to fit anyway?

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Well after trying and failing for an hour to get my Hids on the passenger side to stop flashing on & off ( either new bulb or control box need sob sob ) I thought I'd fit my brand new from germany arm rest ( got it for £40.00 posted ).

Its a genuine armrest but its the older kind that sit about 4" above the cupholders ( here in lies the problem ):its just to high @ the mo & makes changing gear hard work.

But im an engineer by trade so refuse to be beaten, this weekend I'll be attacking the arm strut and fixing mount to hopefully reduce the height by about 2"....im also hoping to fit my ipod in there with the wire going through the bottom of the arm rest...

For £40.00 I'll make the damn arm rest lower & more comfy to use....

Look up flashing led or CFL lights on google it may be a similarly linked problem.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
excellent news m8,cant wait to fit mine now:D
was it easy to fit anyway?

Yeah bud, under tray off, arch liner off, couple of clamps and torques, turbo coupler changed over for neuspeed one, coupler taken out of standard discharge pipe for intercooler pipe and put onto neuspeed pipe, and one silicone hose fitted. Piece of piss with good instructions :)

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
Spoke to a local Revo franchise and they totally put me off going for a revo map.

He said he didn't like doing them as he only makes £80 on each map and it's a minimum of 3 hours labour meaning he loses money on it. Also said he hasn't got the hardware to do it yet and that he would have to send the ecu off to revo leaving my car useless for 3 working days.

He just didn't seem interested so think I'll look elsewhere.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Spoke to a local Revo franchise and they totally put me off going for a revo map.

He said he didn't like doing them as he only makes £80 on each map and it's a minimum of 3 hours labour meaning he loses money on it. Also said he hasn't got the hardware to do it yet and that he would have to send the ecu off to revo leaving my car useless for 3 working days.

He just didn't seem interested so think I'll look elsewhere.

Name and shame tbh

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Name and shame tbh

If he hasn't got the equipment to do them properly then he should offer the service. I'm fairly sure there's lots of us on here that could lift out our own ecu and send it off for remapping and save ourselves £80. I haven't looked into it too much myself but I've seen a few posts of people mapping their own cars.

Last edited:

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Needs a new ballast

Yer that was my thoughts, im putting brand new hids in my dads car tomorrow morning so the old ones that are in his car currently are my old ones so i'll be robbing them me finks....

i've started attacking my armrest i've dremeled the plastic base off and sat the cut off piece below the fixing mount so @ the mo i've reduced the excess height by about 2"...now the hard bit is making it look OEM+ once refitted....then if it ever stops raining i'll fit my wind deflectors and carbon wrap my bonnet scuttle panel..

RobFR

Nov 23, 2012
Northumberland
Yer that was my thoughts, im putting brand new hids in my dads car tomorrow morning so the old ones that are in his car currently are my old ones so i'll be robbing them me finks....

i've started attacking my armrest i've dremeled the plastic base off and sat the cut off piece below the fixing mount so @ the mo i've reduced the excess height by about 2"...now the hard bit is making it look OEM+ once refitted....then if it ever stops raining i'll fit my wind deflectors and carbon wrap my bonnet scuttle panel..

Be interested if you had some pics of the modification. Am waiting on mine being delivered.

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
I'm with you on that.

I don't like naming and shaming publicly as it will always start an argument.

I spoke to goapr about mapping it and they said although they don't map the cr170 yet, they may in a few months. He was very cagey about releasing any info but did tell me if I had rang a week ago he would have definitely said no apr wouldn't be doing it.

Watch this space as goapr rival revo massively.

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
I also had my cupra grille delivered, thanks David at Sere motors and I've ordered some black plastidip to spray the number plate panel and seat badges

RobFR

Nov 23, 2012
Northumberland
Just spent the last half an hour at my local dealer trying to get a fascia surround to fit a RCD 510.
First response i got was 'Our system doesn't show anything for your car.'
I gave him a part number i found on here stating it may not be the colour i need, but its a silver/grey colour.
The last 3 digits dictate this.
Off he went again for another 10 minutes.
When he came back they said 'There are 4 silver grey colours, but our system shows you have a black dashboard.'
Off out to the car we go. Yes i have a black dashboard, but where the stereo/heater controls fit is a silver grey colour.
'Oh, we will have to get back to you on this one as i can't locate a colour for that bit on our system.'
They are also quoting between £30-£35. Seems a lot to me for a piece of plastic.
He had the reg and VIN number.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.