What did you and your MK2 do today?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i decided to to find out why my NSR door wont open, so i took the door card off, and broke it.
took the handle off, and broke it.
took the handle trim off and broke it.

wound the window back up and it decided to fall out of place and now sits wrong side of the seal.

and the door still doesnt unlock. Although, i did test the loom and i have feed and earth through it. new module is £110! new door card, and i think ill go for the cupra gloss trims.

*******eding thing.

Productive day then lol

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Got these waiting to be fitted by Alex at AKS

4B30B603-1B00-4F2B-BD51-B0D43FB1BEE3-2517-000003202688D4F2.jpg

Just waiting on the calipers being refinished, then it's on with the show!!!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
i decided to to find out why my NSR door wont open, so i took the door card off, and broke it.
took the handle off, and broke it.
took the handle trim off and broke it.

wound the window back up and it decided to fall out of place and now sits wrong side of the seal.

and the door still doesnt unlock. Although, i did test the loom and i have feed and earth through it. new module is £110! new door card, and i think ill go for the cupra gloss trims.

*******eding thing.

Lol. You do your username justice then

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Productive day then lol

i might get around to sorting it :/ then again, i never use the car let alone the back seats so its not my priority at the moment. why spend money on parts that dont make the car faster eh :rofl:

Although, brakes are next on the agenda. i seriously dislike the FR oem ones. well, as good as they are i feel i need to have them sharper. im not sure if the LCR upgrade will suffice but then thats within budget.

Lol. You do your username justice then

I had the nickname for a few years untill i was enlightened to a further meaning to the word lol.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Lovely Matthew.. What products did you use?

Let it soak in TurtleWax snowfoam for 5mins or so, washed of and used trippewax shampoo, wash off and dried. Used wonderwheels to clean the alloys and tires gelled with Meguires tyre gel then finished off with some glass cleaner :). Need to get myself some spray wax!

Whats your normal wash consist of?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Sounds good, anymore details?

Prices as stated on their website.
The only added logical bonus is that for DPF removal (if I go stg2) the ECU will need to come out, but it will already be out for the remap anyway...so that saves 100. And Sedox kindly took off a bit more off the total price if I went straight to stg2 :)
So, all in all a good offer.

It's that, or stage1 for 399, and then when I want stg2 it's another 50 to upgrade and 500 for the DPF...so...hence it's a good idea to go straight to stg2 ;)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Prices as stated on their website.
The only added logical bonus is that for DPF removal (if I go stg2) the ECU will need to come out, but it will already be out for the remap anyway...so that saves 100. And Sedox kindly took off a bit more off the total price if I went straight to stg2 :)
So, all in all a good offer.

It's that, or stage1 for 399, and then when I want stg2 it's another 50 to upgrade and 500 for the DPF...so...hence it's a good idea to go straight to stg2 ;)

Looking at this company your talking about they are well of the mark with there Edition 30 project

Most companies achieve 350bhp at Stage2+ with HPFP
There acheiving 330bhp at "Stage3" with no HPFP and say that you need a forge blow of valve kit

After doing some more research though im looking at the Sedox worldwide website not the UK one, just realised the chap who runs Sedox UK is PDT whos well respected on MK5 Forum

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Looking at this company your talking about they are well of the mark with there Edition 30 project

Most companies achieve 350bhp at Stage2+ with HPFP
There acheiving 330bhp at "Stage3" with no HPFP and say that you need a forge blow of valve kit

Dunno but they used to be PDT and they have quite a loyal following VAG clients. And they're 20 mins away instead of 3 hours for Revo/APR. their presence on mk5golfgti forum is a bit heavier.
I've been eyeing them up for ages now, and spoken to them via email a good bit too.
I generally don't rate "project" cars anyway. To me (as a software tester) it's like testing a prototype. Could be amazing, could be "an idea". Just don't know.

As a comparison, some of Darkside Development's projects are a bit odd as well.
In any case, I'll do a good write-up once I get it done, and obviously if it doesn't feel right when I'm there it's off. But I don't expect this. They're no n00bs

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh just been reading stuff on the internet about them aparrently they have gone bust a few times as PDT but oh well we will see..

i shot Sha.rk down when they emerged for PD170 tuning but was suprised with the results

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I considered being a development car for the 1.2TSi remap at Sedox, the stage 1 map still seemed expensive even with being their development car!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.