What did you and your MK2 do today?

ejr

Nov 12, 2012
Ah man.. mine died a couple of months ago when my computer connected to the internet while I was using it, lol. I need to uncheck a couple of settings I activated like fog lights coming on when Coming Home is activated, which I believe is the reason for the low beam and sidelights not coming on with it.

I made sure I wasn't connected to the internet before I opened the program and connected cable.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Yeah, unfortunately mine wirelessly connected. My Macbook pro doesn't have a Wi-Fi switch, so I forgot to disable the Wi-Fi adapter and it connected to my router even though my flat is in the 6th floor and I was in the car downstairs! lol

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
Got a timing belt ordered, picked up some pirelli pzeros for the front and just realised that my mk2 leon has a storage compartment under the passenger seat:D
Any other cool things like this that i may not be aware of?

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
Got a timing belt ordered, picked up some pirelli pzeros for the front and just realised that my mk2 leon has a storage compartment under the passenger seat:D
Any other cool things like this that i may not be aware of?

Picked my leon up today - I will have to check this storage compartment now you've brought this to my attention. Hopefully I've got one, could come in handy! :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Picked my leon up today - I will have to check this storage compartment now you've brought this to my attention. Hopefully I've got one, could come in handy! :)

You could have a spiffing ipod connector in there lol could be under either front seat...

Oh the waiting lol

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent

I'm not sure if all MK2 Leon's came with this? I have one and its handy for hiding things :)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Thinking of fitting an exhaust tip so it would hopefully look like this:

eurp_1011_10_o+volkswagen_cc_intake_and_exhaust_test+exhaust_tip.jpg

Do you guys think it could possibly look like this? I have a regular 1.6 MPi with the single-tip exhaust system which is dull and old. I would like to replace it with something like in the above picture, but would I have to install it OVER the current one or is the old one remove-able? I wouldn't want it sticking out of the car and looking chavvy.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Thinking of fitting an exhaust tip so it would hopefully look like this:

eurp_1011_10_o+volkswagen_cc_intake_and_exhaust_test+exhaust_tip.jpg

Do you guys think it could possibly look like this? I have a regular 1.6 MPi with the single-tip exhaust system which is dull and old. I would like to replace it with something like in the above picture, but would I have to install it OVER the current one or is the old one remove-able? I wouldn't want it sticking out of the car and looking chavvy.

Now...this may shock you...but if you're just going for that look, maybe just get a cheapy 20 quid tip from Halfrauds and screw it onto your pipe?
I've seen them there and they're just a matter of drilling a hole in your pipe and fitting the tip over it and screwing it in.

The key is to do it neatly and make sure just a bit of the tip sticks out so that you can't see the screw. May need to saw of an inch or so off your pipe

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&productId=765091&categoryId=165537&langId=-1

Doesn't even need drilling but the screws could do with trimming down and I'm guessing you need to saw a bit of your pipe off so that it doesn't stick out stupidly

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Just about got into work, the car was like on skates on the hill.. ABS was kicking in all the way untill I got to the tip of the hill and all of a sudden BEEP BEEP BEEP, I thought bollucks!! Few lights came on the dash and car was now responding fully to the throttle. A few metres down the road and they went off, soo glad lol

This country needs to learn from the likes of Russia, The US and other winter countries and see we dont need to come to a bloody stand still.

Saying all this, Honda Civics were going nowhere. Can imagine the BMW's lol

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
@shnazzle yeah! that's exactly what I am looking for. I see people driving around with exhaust tips that are really sticking out of their car and it looks ridiculous. They probably hit the sidewalk while parking just because of their exhaust tips, lol.

I called the dealership and they don't have that. They told me they could get a whole backbox if I give them the chasis number of my car but it'll take a while and I'll have to pay for shipping and customs.

I may just look for any cheap tip like you said and try to install it in a good way.

I am going to go out today and look for that. My car is silver metallic, do you think I should get a tip like the one above or a dark one like the one I have in the car? I have a feeling glossy silver like the one on top would look ugly with my silver car.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
@shnazzle yeah! that's exactly what I am looking for. I see people driving around with exhaust tips that are really sticking out of their car and it looks ridiculous. They probably hit the sidewalk while parking just because of their exhaust tips, lol.

I called the dealership and they don't have that. They told me they could get a whole backbox if I give them the chasis number of my car but it'll take a while and I'll have to pay for shipping and customs.

I may just look for any cheap tip like you said and try to install it in a good way.

I am going to go out today and look for that. My car is silver metallic, do you think I should get a tip like the one above or a dark one like the one I have in the car? I have a feeling glossy silver like the one on top would look ugly with my silver car.

Not sure. I think it would look alright tbh.
It's all about the chrome exhaust :)
Mind, eBay is LOADED with tips like this. Have a peek to see which one tickles your fancy.
As long as it doesn't stick out, should be good

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I ordered an ebay job that does stick out and I didn't fancy trimming my exhaust pipe down just to put it on so I've stuck with my £10 halfrauds jobby. Better than the standard pea shooter. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.