Updating the inbuilt Mib3 Satnav Offline

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
Updated to 23/12, thanks for the links. Pretty sure it loaded in under an hour as was showing after a couple of days of my normal work commutes which are only 15mins each way

Reactions: Tell

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Formentor successfully updated to 23.12 with thanks.

Gave it about 45mins with ignition on and CTEK MXS 5.0 battery charger connected while I did some trim work.

You'll have no indication of progress, but make sure the infotainment sees the USB as a connected device. Then give a soft power cycle with the USB stick plugged in after 45mins; i.e. ignition off, close doors and lock, wait 2mins, unlock, ignition on, check system information. If it says Navigation database: 23.12 then you're done!

Tell

Staff member
Yes Skoda people keep the ignition on with the engine not pressed to start, that for me would mean aircon running etc hence where your battery charger would come in. I reckon you can fake it as I do on my mib2 high which is to kick it off and open and close the door at 15 minute intervals... ignition not on. My normal operating practice here, twice a year since 2019 :love:. I could drive around during the process but in the engineering menu ( SWDL) which I don't think is available in mib3 I can see the update processing... but as said reckon the door opening trick would do it on mib3 all depends how the electrics are wired up. Needs someone to try.

If the update is stopped under a normal mib3 or mib2 high update it restarts from a restore point. Getting it done in one go saves using restore points although you aren't suppose to know about it.

Skoda people seem to be quoting 20 minutes or something on their press the ignition trick with the engine not running. Faster processors these days, mib2 high to get a similar volume of work done is 40 minutes.

Nov 18, 2021
Another one that has updated it to 23.12, thanks a lot.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Another one that has updated it to 23.12, thanks a lot.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk
Oh yes it can be done. A year or so ago it was verified that Seat / Cupra came with long life navigation FeCs the same as VW and Skoda in mib3 form. Seat / Cupra scrapped trying to make money out of map updates least offline. In 2019 when that happened, mib2 high and standard Seat / Cupra units came with life long navigation FeCs. That was slipped in mid year or so. That was carried over to mib3.

The stumbling block where people have issues mib3 will be where navigation has never been activated on the unit (outside Europe for one reason or another), export cars with the wrong life long FeCs and lastly operator error by fumbling the data handling to get it in the unit. Fumbling covers USB adaptors that don't support data, Mac users that don't use CleanMydrive once copied over onto the driver, people poking around in the files and saving, presenting the files at the wrong directory level and not keeping the USB stick in its default format exFat. The mib2 high trip wires due to download being signed so it has to be 100% exact no tinkering and resaving. Encryption test for modding picks those errors up. Data integrity.

Mib2 high didn't have a USB C on it so adaptors never came up as an issue. Cavalier formatting of sticks / SD existed before. NTFS shouldn't be used it slows down semi conductor storage, stick to the default out of the box format for USB sticks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.