• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
If you think its your driving style there are plenty of pro drivers you can hire for the day to sit in the car with you and record the track, your head and feet so they can show you what actions you are doing that need to be adjusted (if any).

Some of them are also able to help with car setup.

Its not a cheap hobby but have you considered it was the track you were on (I have not been to Mallory Park) because I certainly found Snetterton much harder on tyres than Bedford or Cadwell.

Thanks, I have had an instructor in the car once at Bedford. His only real thing as a whole was to get me to look further up the track through the turns. And not to brake at turn 11 I think it is . Nice bloke.
Yeah Bedford then Mallory we discussed that. One clockwise one anti, also the camber on Mallory, but still tyre wear worst on front right.
Mates put it down to me being a bit of a hooligan and the diff fighting hard. I am keen to have car balanced now.

Tyres were old from Bedford weeks before.
I think it’s both geo and driving style, but my driving is no compromise, always pushing hard. I get that I could back off slightly, but I’m of the adage, if you’ve got it use it.
LSD has to work overtime to try and keep up. I have also gone to 888R’s which have a tyre wear rate of 100. Used to use Yokohama’s and they were 200.
I’m happy with it really but hope some geometry will get me a little longer on track with each set.
I have to accept its front wheel drive. Still gave my mates in their GR‘s a proper showing.

Reactions: BadBoy03

mmisch

Oct 22, 2022
The Netherlands
I've changed my ignition pack on my 1.8 20v na engine (APG), going on throttle feels much smoother than before, no weird rev 'pulses' after driving away from first gear and stopping again (traffic jams), also fuel trims have dropped from ~11% longterm to 1% (untill now)

Hopefully my mileage will be slightly better too (normally i drive 1:10/ 23,5 mpg (?))

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Sooo.... I may have gone a little bit overboard.... but this

20230907_154306.jpg

is now this

20230910_130952.jpg

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Welp, after todays weather unsurprisingly there's water making its way in. Somehow it's not through the door, it appears to be coming through the scuttle panel.... again

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Welp, after todays weather unsurprisingly there's water making its way in. Somehow it's not through the door, it appears to be coming through the scuttle panel.... again
pollen filter box that has the same foam used as the doors, got to remove the pollen box and use the classic Butyl tape fix

Reactions: iammooks

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
So, monday morning drove to work and late afternoon my battery was zombie (at around 30% charge level). Even with cables and a friend car's juice it was a no go. Ending up leaving the car there (was a parking garage) and got back yesterday with my dad's battery just to check if it was a dead battery or the starter before buying a new one. It started ok so I have to spend on this:
1695296599654.png

I guess it is ok for Leon 1.9 TDI right?

Best regards.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Is it a lot?
You don’t need much, I’ve not done mine but when I removed the pollen filter the box is held in with two m6 nuts doesn’t look a big job I reckon the shuttle panel will need removing for better access
Number 6 you can see the screws are for the base that needs sealing

Attachments

• IMG_1768.png
    IMG_1768.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 58

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
So, monday morning drove to work and late afternoon my battery was zombie (at around 30% charge level). Even with cables and a friend car's juice it was a no go. Ending up leaving the car there (was a parking garage) and got back yesterday with my dad's battery just to check if it was a dead battery or the starter before buying a new one. It started ok so I have to spend on this:
View attachment 38410
I guess it is ok for Leon 1.9 TDI right?

Best regards.
looks good , i ended up getting the Varta silver Dynamic a while back from here https://www.tayna.co.uk/ put your reg in

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Nooo, after all that trouble.
I sheeted down my Cupra a few weeks ago, but moisture is trapped in the car, so time again for dehumidifier packs.
UK weather is very challenging for these cars & their owners.😎

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Nooo, after all that trouble.
I sheeted down my Cupra a few weeks ago, but moisture is trapped in the car, so time again for dehumidifier packs.
UK weather is very challenging for these cars & their owners.😎
The tail gate black hinge covers can let water in from what I’ve seen on posts, so I removed mine a while back and put some underseal on them as it semi sets then fixed them back with new push fixings as you have to drill the old plastic rivets out, then cleaned excess off

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise