• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Of course not, we'll overlook the insane exhaust tone on boost.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Told her I need to replace my exhaust soon...

e9751b8a7a3ef834ba93da09e694444f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BadBoy03

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
said it before get a good fuel system cleaner that works https://www.hydra-int.com/diesel-fuel.html also the fuel and air filter when were they changed ? big run like that the system should be well cleared out, and the Battery is only going up in price last i posted a link

One of these days I'll be in the middle of nowhere trying to crank the engine with no battery and I'll hear your voice in my head...

I'll have a look at that fuel additive though. I've used Miller's EcoMax these past few years, and usually Cataclean before an MoT, but I don't know that I'm noticing a difference.

Fuel and air filter was a little more than a year ago. I normally do a service on the parents' driveway as it's more comfortable there, and it's easier than warming the car up then trying not to lose my parking space on the street.

I'll whip the elbow boost pipe off to check there's no grubbiness in there soon too. Earlier in the year there was some water in there that I thought I'd fixed with the new CCV breather, but haven't checked since. Probably should have done that sooner to be honest...

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
One of these days I'll be in the middle of nowhere trying to crank the engine with no battery and I'll hear your voice in my head...

I'll have a look at that fuel additive though. I've used Miller's EcoMax these past few years, and usually Cataclean before an MoT, but I don't know that I'm noticing a difference.

Fuel and air filter was a little more than a year ago. I normally do a service on the parents' driveway as it's more comfortable there, and it's easier than warming the car up then trying not to lose my parking space on the street.

I'll whip the elbow boost pipe off to check there's no grubbiness in there soon too. Earlier in the year there was some water in there that I thought I'd fixed with the new CCV breather, but haven't checked since. Probably should have done that sooner to be honest...

Lol

I’ve used Miller's EcoMax for years but that hydra is better by far also cheaper and goes further, with you doing all that the only thing too try is that as the injectors might not all be spraying right , mine was lumpy at cold now and again but that sorted it, it did help cleaning the filter as I found out allot later it should be done every 5 years I was 7 years late and 20k on the filter lol
I’ve used and still got the ehn-99 and Dpb-100

also there is a valve on top of the engine cover with a pipe coming off it go into the vacuum piping, the diaphragm can fail causing all sorts of issues the pipe coming off it is normally bone dry but the ends were it connects oil comes out, some cars you can just take it off and change the diaphragm but ours it looks like cover need’s coming off..

Last edited:

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
With the new rear door lock I'm still not getting the buzzer when the lights are left on. The new lock also locks half a second after the others at 10mph.
Not a massive issue but just wondered why.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Got a bigger solar panel on the rear parcel shelf.
As the Leon sits when I am not working & keeping up with the 40mA, ish, parasitic drain that kills the battery gets dull.
I love the cigarette lighter socket in the boot.
Ideal for a crafty smoke.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
With the new rear door lock I'm still not getting the buzzer when the lights are left on. The new lock also locks half a second after the others at 10mph.
All my locks do that even after replacing them, didn’t know that feature programmed the lock thought it would be in ecu side.

Last edited:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

As far as I remember, it only buzzes for the driver's door. That one was always much more intermittent than the others - I suppose because it's the one that's being opened and closed, so the microswitches break.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
So something can break even though it locks and unlocks fine? The internal lights still turn and off so it still seems to know when the door is open and closed

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Oem or eBay special from China?

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
So something can break even though it locks and unlocks fine? The internal lights still turn and off so it still seems to know when the door is open and closed
does that buzzer have a fuse? cant see the buzzer burning out, my two rear locks are ebay locks the front two are seat but I've fixed the drivers lock twice, the main drivers door does have more pins though, when the microswitch goes intermittent or fails the puddle light stopes working this is related too the buzzer as that stops buzzing if puddle like is ok something is amiss

Last edited:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

That sounds a bit different but it might still be possible. When the microswitches break, you end up having to open other doors to stop the alarm from tripping, and when my driver's for switch went, my driver's side rear door lock wasn't working properly either, but I can't remember really having issues with the interior lights or the alarm tripping, so something must have still been working.

It's reminded me I really have to get that door sorted - the lock doesn't work properly and the window regulator isn't attached to the door skin, so I might take it all out to replace that and re-solder the switches.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members