• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Lancashire
Got a bigger solar panel on the rear parcel shelf.
As the Leon sits when I am not working & keeping up with the 40mA, ish, parasitic drain that kills the battery gets dull.
I love the cigarette lighter socket in the boot.
Ideal for a crafty smoke.
Does this do the job, thinking of doing this my self as car sits abit. Seen the aa one at 4.8w is that enough also do you have to unplug it when you go for drive. Cheers for any info.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Does this do the job, thinking of doing this my self as car sits abit. Seen the aa one at 4.8w is that enough also do you have to unplug it when you go for drive. Cheers for any info.

Same - I like the idea of being able to top it up. Wondering if it needs the battery relocating to the boot, but either way, something I'm interested in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Lancashire
Same - I like the idea of being able to top it up. Wondering if it needs the battery relocating to the boot, but either way, something I'm interested in...

Same bud, ive looked at the aa 4.8w one and the reviews are pretty good, they come with different ways to connect cigarette socket will be option. Many reviews state that as its under 5w its safe to leave connected when starting or driving the vehicle unsure about that think I'd still unplug to be safe, hopefully @smutts will give his opinion on them

Reactions: iammooks

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
Had some fun today in the spray booth.. excited to see these fitted to the car

1693259845791.jpeg

1693259883514.jpeg

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
Having done a few dodgy paint jobs over the years, and to have been blessed with a couple of those rare animals that is the one or two that didn't turn out too bad, good spraying.

thanks buddy, getting the hang of it now ! animals crossing roads when they shouldn't is never gunna end well for both involved.lol.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
That sounds a bit different but it might still be possible. When the microswitches break, you end up having to open other doors to stop the alarm from tripping, and when my driver's for switch went, my driver's side rear door lock wasn't working properly either, but I can't remember really having issues with the interior lights or the alarm tripping, so something must have still been working.

It's reminded me I really have to get that door sorted - the lock doesn't work properly and the window regulator isn't attached to the door skin, so I might take it all out to replace that and re-solder the switches.

Ears must be going in my old age. It's actually the passenger front that is locking half a second after, which is an original lock.
Locks fine with the fob, but it's not locking using the internal button.

Probably on its way out. Might be able to do that one myself since the front glass doesn't have the stupid design of the rears.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Ears must be going in my old age. It's actually the passenger front that is locking half a second after, which is an original lock.
Locks fine with the fob, but it's not locking using the internal button.

Probably on its way out. Might be able to do that one myself since the front glass doesn't have the stupid design of the rears.
Oh, don't get me started. Doing the rear doors is such a source of anxiety for me. I'm almost glad I have to do both the lock and the window regulator, since I won't have to go through all that hell to just do one thing. I can already feel the rawness in my fingers I know I'm going to have for days after I do it...

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
was in Tesco today and seen in the car section allot of clearance items like air con treatment, bulbs, cleaners, microfiber towels, funnels ect very cheap, for example they had Osram emergency bulb kits reduced from £12 to £3 some Osram bulb twin packs reduced too 50p,and a ring tyre air compressor for £4.75 reduced from £17, its well worth a look just make sure its a big Tesco as my local small one hardly has anything like that in, also asda are doing a clearance on armor all gear the protectant looks good for rubber and hard plastics that was £1.75 from £5

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Oh, don't get me started. Doing the rear doors is such a source of anxiety for me. I'm almost glad I have to do both the lock and the window regulator, since I won't have to go through all that hell to just do one thing. I can already feel the rawness in my fingers I know I'm going to have for days after I do it...

And this is partly why I'm switching to fixed rear windows 🤣

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
And this is partly why I'm switching to fixed rear windows

It's true though! How often do you really put the rear windows down anyway? It's so rare that there's anything on the back seats other than stuff that I couldn't fit in the boot, and they don't need a breath of fresh air either.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
No. There are no MoT regs on rear windows, only front and that's only that they have to be safety glass.

Doesn't matter if a window doesn't open (in an emergency it can be smashed), but all doors must be able to be opened.

Reactions: Alexis27

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
No. There are no MoT regs on rear windows, only front and that's only that they have to be safety glass.

Doesn't matter if a window doesn't open (in an emergency it can be smashed), but all doors must be able to be opened.
Cheers, good to know 👍

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Ow
Car has been neglected ever since Mallory Park outing. Not even had the oil and rubber washed off it yet.
Cost of putting it back on the road is £400 to replace the front rubber.
The if I want to chuck it on track again, think it’ll need corner weighting and geometry to try and reduce the tyre shredding.
Just worried it’s more driving style than geometry!
Most expensive pastime.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Ow
Car has been neglected ever since Mallory Park outing. Not even had the oil and rubber washed off it yet.
Cost of putting it back on the road is £400 to replace the front rubber.
The if I want to chuck it on track again, think it’ll need corner weighting and geometry to try and reduce the tyre shredding.
Just worried it’s more driving style than geometry!
Most expensive pastime.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
That's a pain m8, sorry to hear that
You ain't wrong that fun = ££'s

Reactions: Sparkie

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
If you think its your driving style there are plenty of pro drivers you can hire for the day to sit in the car with you and record the track, your head and feet so they can show you what actions you are doing that need to be adjusted (if any).

Some of them are also able to help with car setup.

Its not a cheap hobby but have you considered it was the track you were on (I have not been to Mallory Park) because I certainly found Snetterton much harder on tyres than Bedford or Cadwell.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)