What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
well it wasnt today.... got these done a few weeks back- black skirts and triple r splitter .... the skirts arent to everyone tastes ( im still undecided!) lol

I like it! Keep them I say :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
Had a minor service at Amd essex. Whilst it was being done I walked over the seat dealer to look at a mk3. Only had a basic model in but looked good on the inside trim wise. The outside however, im not convinced, the rear door handles look awful, looks like they forgot about them, then realised at the last minite n threw one in the middle of the door

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
well it wasnt today.... got these done a few weeks back- black skirts and triple r splitter .... the skirts arent to everyone tastes ( im still undecided!) lol

529333_10152749964200385_1093026622_n.jpg

562991_10152749964360385_934741836_n.jpg

558121_10152749964455385_1455120318_n.jpg

11975_10152749964565385_1872625818_n.jpg

I really like that. I can see this setting a new trend.

Had a minor service at Amd essex. Whilst it was being done I walked over the seat dealer to look at a mk3. Only had a basic model in but looked good on the inside trim wise. The outside however, im not convinced, the rear door handles look awful, looks like they forgot about them, then realised at the last minite n threw one in the middle of the door

Same mate, the interior is much much better but the outside is absolutely horrific, it's completely boring, even on the FR models. I'm hoping they do a better job on the cupra but I have my doubts... all will happen is the usual nostrils in the bumper and behind the reg plate sprayed black :rolleyes: I think the R will be quite different though, but its probably a few years away?

Last edited:

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
Same mate, the interior is much much better but the outside is absolutely horrific, it's completely boring, even on the FR models. I'm hoping they do a better job on the cupra but I have my doubts... all will happen is the usual nostrils in the bumper and behind the reg plate sprayed black :rolleyes: I think the R will be quite different though, but its probably a few years away?

I think the R will be a long way off, the dealer today certainly thinks it will be (I told him it was the only model I was interested in) hopefully the cupra will be better and maybe we'll see 1 later this year in the mags. It should give some good pointers for the R.
Well they've got precisely 2 years to get it right for me, then I'll probably buy 1 if they do :)

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
On sunday I got my b and c pillars wrapped in 4d carbon fibre. They accually look like real carbon fibre. There's a great wrapping company die. The road from me(handy)called Monsterwraps a d have this exclusive wrap. People have asked if it's real carbon lol.
Gonna go back in a week's time to get the bonett scuttle done in the same stuff. I'm a real believer of shouting about a good company so if you need good wrapping remaps tints ect speak to monsterwraps.co.UK
So how easy is it to remove the scuttle?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Look good like real CF any pics of them with more of the car showing. I might have attempted gloss black soon but CF looks spot on!

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Got alot of 3m Carbon at home so will be wrapping the rear diffuser and the pillars sometime in the summer. May try and do the scuttle too.

Scuttle isnt hard to remove as its just clipped in and maybe a couple screws

Steveo!

Benji1989 - I do like that Carbon look! What does it look like from a side angle?

ferooo

I wraped interior console few weeks ago, but in this heat there are already few bubbles.. :cry: Until temperature was low it was all ok. I have to put it off..

Deleted member 74601

Did a 60 mile trip in the CR170 and got 60.7mpg for the journey! I love this car!

So you've finally stopped moaning about your mpg then? :p

I take it that was at 60mph? If not, then it's even more impressive.

How've you found it since I said to try out Millers with Shell fuel?

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
So you've finally stopped moaning about your mpg then? :p

I take it that was at 60mph? If not, then it's even more impressive.

How've you found it since I said to try out Millers with Shell fuel?

Lol surprisingly this is on a tank of Morrisons diesel (with Millers). I only ever use Shell normally, but it was 5p/l dearer at the time, and the extra couple of miles from the tank wouldn't have been enough to warrant paying it!
I've just had it serviced and put a new panel filter in too, so that may be helping.

It was at 69 in cruise for the most part, but some of the journey was town driving too.:clap:

Millers is great, I use it in every tank!:)

littlefella

Jun 9, 2012
london/liverpool
had a fall out with l'pool seat re a split in the side of my leather seat (damn cars only 7mths old), stropped out n fell over the blasted wall next to my car - looked a right div

Deleted member 74601

Lol surprisingly this is on a tank of Morrisons diesel (with Millers). I only ever use Shell normally, but it was 5p/l dearer at the time, and the extra couple of miles from the tank wouldn't have been enough to warrant paying it!
I've just had it serviced and put a new panel filter in too, so that may be helping.

It was at 69 in cruise for the most part, but some of the journey was town driving too.:clap:

Millers is great, I use it in every tank!:)

Cool, been keeping track of your average? It was havoc with the wind in our area today, you were either going to get great mpg, or **** mpg. I ended up with **** mpg (my average for the day was about 60mpg but that's low for me :p)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.