What did you and your MK2 do today?

Deleted member 74601

shznazzle, look at the difference on the road. The nightbreakers aren't brighter, but have far more range on the road at night.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Just washed the car intensely. Although I skipped out a VERY much needed de-tarring. Couldn't be bothered with the useless tar remover I have.

- Washed it 2x per panel with two bucket method
- alloys cleaned
- windows waxed with Turtle Wax Ice
- trim blackened
- waxed using (a new tip!!):

http://www.codeclean.co.uk/marine
The third stage.

This stuff is amazing!! Beautiful beading, amazing shine, and soooo easy to apply and buff off.

Only down side is that it doesn't last too long. But for 11.95 off eBay for a big bottle....

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Just washed the car intensely. Although I skipped out a VERY much needed de-tarring. Couldn't be bothered with the useless tar remover I have.

- Washed it 2x per panel with two bucket method
- alloys cleaned
- windows waxed with Turtle Wax Ice
- trim blackened
- waxed using (a new tip!!):

http://www.codeclean.co.uk/marine
The third stage.

This stuff is amazing!! Beautiful beading, amazing shine, and soooo easy to apply and buff off.

Only down side is that it doesn't last too long. But for 11.95 off eBay for a big bottle....

Use a microfibre cloth wettened with petrol woth a little bit of wd40 on it! It'll wipe all tar straight off! But you need to polish ans wax it once youve dpne it because itll take all products off

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Fitted my OSRAM night breaker plus H7s today and the difference....
uzumy5ym.jpg

ydyjy9aj.jpg

...F**K ALL

Lesson learned. Waste of 13quid. I should have learned last time when it made little to no diff.
Mind the pics have the "Backlit" filter on from Tapatalk 2, it brought out the differences more.

Sould have bought the Halfords Ultra Brilliance H7's mate, far better than the Osrams :D

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Use a microfibre cloth wettened with petrol woth a little bit of wd40 on it! It'll wipe all tar straight off! But you need to polish ans wax it once youve dpne it because itll take all products off

Yeah I read that thread but if Im gonna get a can of petrol, I might as well get some Tardis :)

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Well I had to laugh at my mate who spent 40 quid on two h4 bulbs from halfords a couple of weeks ago they where the ultra brilliance bulbs, maybe he was robbed by the cashier lol

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Seriously mate?

I was in my local Halfords last week and they still had the signs up for the BOGOF offer.......

Think you mate has been done there, I'll go and check again in my local Halfords tomorrow and report back if its still on

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.