What did you and your MK2 do today?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Just give it a quick Photoshop first, saves wasting money if you don't like it :) Sets the car off nice though, good choice fella

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
...Couldn't be bothered with the useless tar remover I have....

...Only down side is that it doesn't last too long. But for 11.95 off eBay for a big bottle....

Sounds like you gave the car a serious clean, Shnazzle!

For tar remover I have ObliTARate by Auto Finesse, it's ridiculously good stuff, and quite cheap!

As for the "Doesn't last too long" issue, try Gtechniq C1.5 SiloSeal... it will last easily 6 months from two layers, and sprays on/wipes off just as easy as water would! :happy:

20120809082619.jpg
20120607130613.jpg

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Sounds like you gave the car a serious clean, Shnazzle!

For tar remover I have ObliTARate by Auto Finesse, it's ridiculously good stuff, and quite cheap!

As for the "Doesn't last too long" issue, try Gtechniq C1.5 SiloSeal... it will last easily 6 months from two layers, and sprays on/wipes off just as easy as water would! :happy:

20120809082619.jpg
20120607130613.jpg

Hmm...that's good beading! Might give that a try as well.
What I might try is both... :)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
When I use wax it seems to make the paintwork look ****, it leaves streaks and its a nightmare to get rid of!

A) Don't apply it in direct sunshine.
B) Might be very hard wax you're using
C) I can still recommend the CodeClean stuff if you're looking for a soft wax that buffs right off but leaves amazing results

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I'm using some liquid stuff, can't remember the name to be honest. I've also used some BMW one my parents got given when they've bought cars in the past, this is also just a spray on wax

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Got myself a set of wing mirror covers off eBay, bought each side individually, but got the pair for £30.
going to wrap them in carbon fibre to match the grill.
Didnt fancy wrapping my original covers

RY4N

Dec 30, 2012
Rotherham
Changed the stock rear wiper arm to the facelift aero one, was a pain to get off, pulled and pulled, applied wd 40, pulled some more. Left it an hour and went back ready to pull hard again, came straight off almost sending me flying :D

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
When I use wax it seems to make the paintwork look ****, it leaves streaks and its a nightmare to get rid of!

Auto glym HD wax, goes on so easy and comes off a dream!!
The pot will last as long as your car, you only need a tiny amount on a damp sponge!! It is the daddy!! This is my reflection in my driver side rear door after HD waxing.
pytehevy.jpg

nerayan

Nerayan
Apr 8, 2010
Portsmouth
Auto glym HD wax, goes on so easy and comes off a dream!!
The pot will last as long as your car, you only need a tiny amount on a damp sponge!! It is the daddy!! This is my reflection in my driver side rear door after HD waxing.
pytehevy.jpg

I totally agree. Used it for two months and love it. Its actually funny when your car self dries while you drive. :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members