What did you and your MK2 do today?

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Cool, been keeping track of your average? It was havoc with the wind in our area today, you were either going to get great mpg, or **** mpg. I ended up with **** mpg (my average for the day was about 60mpg but that's low for me :p)

It was really windy when I was driving earlier! A right cross wind going on!

I keep track of my average with Fuelly. Its calculations are ALWAYS way off what my MFD says though.

KDV

Dec 19, 2012
D&G, Scotland
Was getting a record best 33.9 mpg in the car and then bam! engine management light came on and the cars now running like **** :(

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Did a 110 mile trip and got 55mpg in the 1.4tsi. On m62 crappy traffic for an hour :) at one point i got 60mpg overall WTF!

All this carrying a car door in my boot for the misses car :):):) nice sunny drive then fitted the door

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Did a 110 mile trip and got 55mpg in the 1.4tsi. On m62 crappy traffic for an hour :) at one point i got 60mpg overall WTF!

All this carrying a car door in my boot for the misses car :):):) nice sunny drive then fitted the door

That somewhat beats my 32mpg lol

Good work!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I did 42mpg (according to trip) on my 140 mile journey to Liverpool this morning. Was around 70-80mph up until the Pennines and then it was 50mph and stop start around Manchester on the m60.
Journey normally takes 2hours ish but since it was early morning I allowed 3 hours and was still late! :(

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Fitted my OSRAM night breaker plus H7s today and the difference....
uzumy5ym.jpg

ydyjy9aj.jpg

...F**K ALL

Lesson learned. Waste of 13quid. I should have learned last time when it made little to no diff.
Mind the pics have the "Backlit" filter on from Tapatalk 2, it brought out the differences more.

Last edited:

NhojBob

White Van Man
Mar 1, 2013
Manchester
Fitted my OSRAM night breaker plus H7s today and the difference....
uzumy5ym.jpg

ydyjy9aj.jpg

...F**K ALL

Lesson learned. Waste of 13quid. I should have learned last time when it made little to no diff.
Mind the pics have the "Backlit" filter on from Tapatalk 2, it brought out the differences more.

Yeah cant see a brightness increase, but beam seems more defined in second image