What did you and your MK2 do today?

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
The pillar mount was very easy and a nice snug fit.
When the pillar mount arrived I was a little unsure for the money but once fitted in place it looks great.
I used the rspec gauge shown here.
http://rspec.co.uk/performance-gaug...d-stepper-motor-warning-turbo-boost-gauge-psi
I'd used one on my last car and was very happy with it.
Only criticism would be its a little blue compared to the dash lights but I like it.
As has already been said mate, I really like the look of this. Great work!:funk:
Where did you source the pillar mount from as I've been wanting to do this for a while! Please help!?!!!;):rofl:

ahmedelbaghdady

my new painted door mirrors (black magic)

20130124_042801_zps08717839.jpg

ahmedelbaghdady

installed new philips crystal vision bulbs in my fog lights to match my xenon n led lights

OEM bulbs
20130127_184340_zps9173110b.jpg

Philips Crystal Vision bulbs
20130130_210842_zpsbef0965e.jpg

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
Dropped the fr off at Unit18 for a full service, SuperPro lower front wish bone bushes (SALK), ferodo DS performance front pads, new front and rear ARB bushes, get the RARB set to the stiffest setting and a fast road alignment:D

Oh and I think the clutch master/slave cylinder is about to give up.....again:cry:

just heard back from unit18, all the new bits are fitted :D and will apparently be great on the track:drive1: however the clutch cover plate sounds like it’s had it (won’t go into 1st or 2nd without a lot of crunching, hydraulic pressure is all good). Was told getting 30k miles out of it is doing pretty well (helix stg 2 organic with SMF). Gonna cost £260+ for the plate plus labour :cry::cry: I actually feel physically sick the amount of grief I've had with this clutch:sick:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
just heard back from unit18, all the new bits are fitted :D and will apparently be great on the track:drive1: however the clutch cover plate sounds like it’s had it (won’t go into 1st or 2nd without a lot of crunching, hydraulic pressure is all good). Was told getting 30k miles out of it is doing pretty well (helix stg 2 organic with SMF). Gonna cost £260+ for the plate plus labour :cry::cry: I actually feel physically sick the amount of grief I've had with this clutch:sick:

Your having some issues with your clutch mate.
Great advertisement for reasons not to buy a Helix kit!
I'd also expect more than 30k from it too:wtf:

RY4N

Dec 30, 2012
Rotherham
Despite scratching my car (doh), i received 3 things in the post today (to improve my mood :)) - interior LEDs (including boot) from Partsulike - fitted those and i love em! Some other LEDs for the rear number plate lights and also a Cupra K1 Upper Grill from the SERE Ebay account which i'll fit on Saturday - cant wait :D

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
Your having some issues with your clutch mate.
Great advertisement for reasons not to buy a Helix kit!
I'd also expect more than 30k from it too:wtf:

I would never ever ever recommend anyone getting a helix clutch on their daily. Im sure they're great on a race/track day cars and tbh it's good when it's working but I must of spent well over £2.5k+ (thinking about it prob closer to £3k+) on initial costs/fitment plus sorting it every time it breaks. I shudder to think what other awesome goodies I coulda spent that on (that might make a good thread "what I coulda got instead of my £3k clutch"). Ps im laughing and crying right now

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Today I went SEAT Preston for the Leon mk3 preview. Really surprised actually! Interior quality seems vastly improved, driving position is good, and the new touch screen stereo seems to work well. The one that was there also has the optional sound system with subwoofer that was pretty good, better than I expected, disadvantage means it comes with run flats instead... Wouldn't mind one as my next car - 1.4TSi FR with LED headlights!

Also pleased to say the salesman I spoke to was very pleasant, answered all questions I had and even offered to contact me and get me a test drive when they get their demo (Considering I'm 19 I think that's quite impressive)! They told me they've sold a fair few today and the most popular spec being the SE one.

use7ynep.jpg

a7e4ehut.jpg

vynary2y.jpg

uva4egy4.jpg

ju5ynehy.jpg

Deleted member 74601

Don't know what it is, but really don't like that steering wheel. May make a trip up there to test drive one.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Agree, what an incredibly boring car. When you look at the competition, Seat have gone way backwards IMO. The mk2 was quite radical at the time compared to the rest, the mk3 is a big disappointment, it's just another boring 'nice' car. I just hope they do something special with the 3dr Cupra. Then again I very much doubt it, all they do with the Cupra (looks wise) is paint the front bumper insert black, add a few nostrils and throw a few badges on. Meh.

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Exterior looks to much like the ibiza and i dont like that so unless it grows on me i dont think my next car will be vag as there trying to make there whole range look the same as each other