What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Lol they are great cars but parts aren't cheap nor is tax fuel and you will you it a lot as everyone wil want to race you. I came from a impreza to the leon for the the last reason. Tbh from what iv learnt from here a cupra r stage 1 will be 300-320bhp and much cheaper in all areas.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah my cousin has one, Love everything about it! Tax isnt too bad aslong as you get the 2lt and not the 2.5 I believe.. Yeah only think is cupra r is a good bit more expensive to buy than an STI, Love the sound of them and they look mean as hell!
(Wont be changing in a hurry anyway, still cant afford to run one lol)

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
seeing as its payday ive been looking at fmic upgrades and hpfp... as benj just said though, we can dream lol.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Be interesting to see what he says. Luckily the outcome has only been some damage to the car rather than to yourself. :)

I know, I dont want to even think of what could have happened if the wheel had come off coz of it. Thats what definately destroyed my abs sensor which I bought today for £35 and I really hope that the bearing is fine as its only a few hundred miles old, as there is a whirring noise coming from that corner :(

Last edited:

Nads123

Oct 16, 2012
309894_10152465972970511_1945957963_n_zpsd967d521.jpg

Managed to get the side skirts on

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Thanks! Yeah I like them, hopefully it will look better when all 4 are on and the springs settle back down to normal height, the arch gap looks a bit big on the photos!

Marty I used the foam today, it works really well :)

i did the old mans toyota yesterday, its good stuff makes the rest of washing the car easy!

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
I will be renewing in march at 19 with 2 years NCB, 1.2tsi with remap, tinted windows, alloys and lowered suspension. Looking at £750ish.

Funny thing i was fold by aviva that you dont need to declair oem mods like bumpers spoilers and wheels ect as long as they where an option when car was new so i'll be getting a spoiler + side skirts soon just dont know if i'd get away with a R diffuser aswell

Deleted member 74601

Funny thing i was fold by aviva that you dont need to declair oem mods like bumpers spoilers and wheels ect as long as they where an option when car was new so i'll be getting a spoiler + side skirts soon just dont know if i'd get away with a R diffuser aswell

They probably class them as optional extras. Most places want them declared, but don't charge for them. Only the Admiral group charge for optional extras I think, but they're a bunch of twats.

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
Dropped the fr off at Unit18 for a full service, SuperPro lower front wish bone bushes (SALK), ferodo DS performance front pads, new front and rear ARB bushes, get the RARB set to the stiffest setting and a fast road alignment:D

Oh and I think the clutch master/slave cylinder is about to give up.....again:cry:

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Dropped the fr off at Unit18 for a full service, SuperPro lower front wish bone bushes (SALK), ferodo DS performance front pads, new front and rear ARB bushes, get the RARB set to the stiffest setting and a fast road alignment:D

Oh and I think the clutch master/slave cylinder is about to give up.....again:cry:

It's alright...if it makes you feel better, slave cylinder went (gearbox off) fixed few months down the line my gearbox went!...all good for now :whistle:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello

Sounds like quite alot of work Jim!

My R-ARB was set on stiffest setting straight away, i managed to test it out tonight finally and its made a big difference!

Ordered a few things off eBay for the cupra, caliper paint, short shift, new gearknob .... Only to find eBay had a hissy fit and now I have to order them again. Also looked at brakes again, trying to decide if should go standard pads or ferrodo ds2500 and if I should ain't the calipers Kawasaki green. The dor module seems to e paying too and s throwing up a fault code. So as a back up I've been on autotrader, Octavia vrs or ds4 are possible alternatives.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise