What did you and your MK2 do today?

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
To set it to the stiffest setting looking at the pic it would be the hole closest to the D bend.
So the second hole in from the end of the bar.
The further in the link is on the bar will make it stiffer.

Cheers for clearing that up marshall. Thats my to do list on the weekend then as mine is on the far hole !!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Mad Head

Paddle clutches are awful for driving on roads but i suppose you dont really drive yours much

Mines a Paddle (I think) it's not Organic also the the clutch bleeder block de-restricted at the same time! it's not too heavy... In-fact if I drive any cars now, I would think their clutches are broken (why so light!?) ha-ha

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Well getting a new car has stalled after the jokers offered me a ridiculous p/x price, so I may be looking to go private or go to another dealership, I have fell in love with the new vxr though so I'm not giving up that easily ! Anyway to take my mind off it a bit the leon went into the bodyshop today for a few bits to be resprayed ( diffuser, front grill, bottom grill, bottom lip and the triple r splitter )
Few rubbish pics below. It will be getting a full detail this weekend so it will be a chance to get some nice pictures with everything done :)

Before
de286087f4f8e2d329416ebac8eae942.jpg

During
72ce3d391780d616fddaa28765d27b17.jpg

Done
dbed7d8bb2c39b33b850d46560c66fcf.jpg

2a7cb221e90e86c12e642e7c50f50fbd.jpg

a52a21ccf720bb75801e8811718b7822.jpg

if you dont mind me asking, roughly how much did you pay for labour? And i wasnt saving for a house i would buy your car lol

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Know what u mean i fancied geting a cr fr tdi to update my pd version. Stealer px was a joke, 3 wk later they had 1 exact spec of mine for 3 grand more than they wanted to give me for mine. Hence mines now been detailed and got 4 refinished alloys

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
The pillar mount was very easy and a nice snug fit.
When the pillar mount arrived I was a little unsure for the money but once fitted in place it looks great.
I used the rspec gauge shown here.
http://rspec.co.uk/performance-gaug...d-stepper-motor-warning-turbo-boost-gauge-psi
I'd used one on my last car and was very happy with it.
Only criticism would be its a little blue compared to the dash lights but I like it.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The pillar mount was very easy and a nice snug fit.
When the pillar mount arrived I was a little unsure for the money but once fitted in place it looks great.
I used the rspec gauge shown here.
http://rspec.co.uk/performance-gaug...d-stepper-motor-warning-turbo-boost-gauge-psi
I'd used one on my last car and was very happy with it.
Only criticism would be its a little blue compared to the dash lights but I like it.

Do you get to set the warning level on it?

My Guage is set at 0.9bar warning so i contacted the company in taiwan and they said you cant set the level :cry:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah the warning level is adjustable it was set at 16psi and I've moved it upto 26psi for now.
Quite like the flashing red when it hits it.
Very easy to adjust you just hold the set button and after 5 seconds the needle moves up and you stop it where you want.
If I get fed up of it flashing I'll move it upto the 30.
The good thing with this gauge is it does needle sweep the same as the car and calibrates itself every time it's powered up.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
0.9 bar is only about 12psi it must be flashing constantly.
It's true what they say though, once you get used to what readings are normal its like a diagnostic tool as you know something's wrong when you don't see what you expect,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members