Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thought I would update willies thread. I checked the oil level on mine today and the dust level on his :cheeky:

a4e14125.jpg

:lol:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hot news!!!

So after possibly 1 1/2 year of no purchases for my track baby I've just completed 2!!

For me both are pretty exciting, other maybe not so.

For years we have been waiting for a proper KO4 exhaust manifold. There have been promises of ghreat things for several suppliers but due to one issue or another its has never really come good. But now there is some light.
Sam Bryant has been in touch with a company and sourced what look on paper like a great solution. This has been tested on a KO4 hybrid with great results. As yet there are no results for a Stage 2 KO4. There are plenty on the go so results should be out soon.
I will get mine within the next month but car won't be on the road for a few months.
For those who don't know about this its made by Relentless and is a Stainless Steel manifold :)

Next up.
As we all know, proper track cars are fully polybushed. So, this one aint going to be any different. My mate is now a supplier of SuperPro polybushes so I got the full set of race/track spec ones. I will be fitting these and possibly powder coating subframe and LCA's before. I'll see what the time and cost constraints are for this.

As you can see there is still a long way to go with this project and I plan to see it to the end. Where and when the end will be I'm not too sure but TBH I don't plan to be at the end till its caged and trailer only.

KatCowie

OEM Lover
Jun 23, 2007
Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
So glad to see things are back in motion with this Willie. Iv not been in many LCR's and only been in yours once, but honestly never been in a car like it. Looking forward to seeing you on track this season. Keep up the good work young man! :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
:thumbup:
nice purchases mate, make sure you let us know how you get on with the mani as I'm very interested in getting one but waiting for results. I'd love to get mine polybushed (not race/track spec bushes though) this thing will be a weapon, crack on mate I want to see it finished ;)

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yeah for sure, he is doing the Sports and Saloons racing too hopefully both at KH and Croft. His rebuilt engine should be in this month. :) Think the little Nov will surprise a few people!
Ah so its a race car rather than a track car. Do you have a link to a build thread for it?

:thumbup:
nice purchases mate, make sure you let us know how you get on with the mani as I'm very interested in getting one but waiting for results. I'd love to get mine polybushed (not race/track spec bushes though) this thing will be a weapon, crack on mate I want to see it finished ;)
I doubt it will ever be finished.
not for years but will gradually get more and more extreme till its a full on trailered car. If I had £15,000 spare I could jump straight to this stage just now. Shame I don't and won't for a few years :(

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
So after possibly 1 1/2 year of no purchases for my track baby I've just completed 2!!

For me both are pretty exciting, other maybe not so.

For years we have been waiting for a proper KO4 exhaust manifold. There have been promises of ghreat things for several suppliers but due to one issue or another its has never really come good. But now there is some light.
Sam Bryant has been in touch with a company and sourced what look on paper like a great solution. This has been tested on a KO4 hybrid with great results. As yet there are no results for a Stage 2 KO4. There are plenty on the go so results should be out soon.
I will get mine within the next month but car won't be on the road for a few months.
For those who don't know about this its made by Relentless and is a Stainless Steel manifold :)

Next up.
As we all know, proper track cars are fully polybushed. So, this one aint going to be any different. My mate is now a supplier of SuperPro polybushes so I got the full set of race/track spec ones. I will be fitting these and possibly powder coating subframe and LCA's before. I'll see what the time and cost constraints are for this.

As you can see there is still a long way to go with this project and I plan to see it to the end. Where and when the end will be I'm not too sure but TBH I don't plan to be at the end till its caged and trailer only.

Good stuff min, glad to hear things are kicking off again :) Looking forward to making some trips down to KH to see the car in action :funk:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Good stuff min, glad to hear things are kicking off again :) Looking forward to making some trips down to KH to see the car in action :funk:
Cheers Craig, you'll have to come up and see the garage some time

Great update. Good to see the car getting some life pumped into it :) looking forward to the results with the new manifold

This baby aint dead yet.
Hoping to crack 300 BHP but worry about losing out in some valuable torques.
I'm sure there are more to come in my set up so would love to have 300 BHP and 300 ft-lbs.
That's the dream anyway

kwalker705

Hey wull...... Where did you get the superpro bushes. Do they have contact details or a website ? I hear the superpro bushes are more compliant for more road use than track use, but they cope really well on the track too. Nice compromise really.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hey wull...... Where did you get the superpro bushes. Do they have contact details or a website ? I hear the superpro bushes are more compliant for more road use than track use, but they cope really well on the track too. Nice compromise really.

I'm glad you asked that kwalker705.
These SuperPro bushes were purchased through my good friend and owner of http://unit-15.com/ and can also be found https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Unit15/287364804639981?sk=info

My car is being a bit of a test mule for future developements within this company so if you have any needs that this guys supplies, at great prices, then these can be trial fitted to my to to ensure alls good.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise