Al

Aug 29, 2005
Will be great to see this thing running again - Keithski has the barge hame min, and a certain blue car will shortly be chasing it - we need a black one to join in :)

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
I'm glad you asked that kwalker705.
These SuperPro bushes were purchased through my good friend and owner of http://unit-15.com/ and can also be found https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Unit15/287364804639981?sk=info

My car is being a bit of a test mule for future developements within this company so if you have any needs that this guys supplies, at great prices, then these can be trial fitted to my to to ensure alls good.

how much were the bushes , im looking to get this done , was going to go to clark motorsport and get the powerflex ones and get them to fit them , are the superpro ones better?

ps. any recommentions on this thread here :p http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344969

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Just now I'm tearing my car apart for various reasons.

This is how I found it at 10.00 this morning.
IMAG0140-1.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142-1.jpg

Not too sure how many of you know there is an option for uprated drop links. These are HD ones that are built better than OEM ones. Not too sure how much benefit I would feel with them but better is better.

IMAG0146-1.jpg

IMAG0147-1.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
First is to tear out the front end and see whats what there.
My Forge FMIC has been fitted for about 6 years.

IMAG0148-1.jpg

IMAG0149-1.jpg

IMAG0150-1.jpg

IMAG0151-1.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

As you can see I went a bit OTT when I tightened these the first time, must have had my porridge that morning.

IMAG0153-1.jpg

IMAG0155-1.jpg

IMAG0157-1.jpg

Might have to speak to my good mate Tony to borrow his spreader thingy ma jig.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This is my current set up.

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

I have a spare near side light and plan to make a head light induction set up for using on the track.
I have a light weight battery which I plan to have in the OEM position but low down. I also have a 45* 80mm elbow to bring the cone to directly behind the head light. Where the OEM air feed is I'm going to maximise this and run other feeds from the fog light holes. I hope to be able to either have a quick disconnect front bumper or find a way to make the head light quicker and easier to remove. I might just leave off the lower 2 bolts and run with only the upper 2 for the track?

IMAG0160-1.jpg

Next up was to remove the crash bar and FMIC.

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

With this off it was full speed into taking the crash bar off.
I had hummed and hay'd about the air con but thought, **** it and decided to rip it out.
I've read a few different ways of removing this, I did it the rough way.
So to get the air con rad out the whole slam panel needs to be removed as its mounted from behind.

Viola!!

IMAG0166.jpg

After serveral hours of tagging and disconnecting I left the car like this tonight.

IMAG0173.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
So, for all the picture hungry.

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

I decided to remove the engine and the gear box in a oner.

With this out as an assembly I was VERY eager to see what sort of condition the turbo was in.

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0189-1.jpg

Thankfully all seems fine with it. So for a 108,000 mile turbo it seems like it'll take a tgood beasting as long as you feed it well and do the warm up and cool down cycles correctly.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The main reason for initially removing the engine was to remove the brake master cylinder as it has a broken bleed nipple in it.

IMAG0181-1.jpg

This was in a really difficult place to remove and the other one was really stiff too so decided to whip it out.
The main issue seems to have been salt and corrosion building up around the thread of the MS.
The new one I'll coat with some soret of water proof grease so this doesn't happen again :dance:

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

With the engine out and after seeing how restrictive the Air Con rad was it was a no brainer to get rid of the whole aircon system.

Look no pump :)

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

It not hugely heavy but its all extra weight.
I'll remove the dash and get the whole inner gubbins out too.
I seem to be finding any excuse to rip stuff oput just now :evil:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
So with the front end sorted out and being on the ripping the car apart buzz I thought...now for a bit of rear end action!!

The rear bumper was damaged when my wife stopped outside a shop and forgot to put on the handbrake.
My car rolled across a road and knocked down a wall GGGRRRRR!!

You can just make out the damage in this shot past all the dust.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

I didn't realise it was such a PITA. It's almost worse than the front bumper.

With it off it was time for my little helper to get to work cleaning up beneath this to see whats what.

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

Some small patches of rust.

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

All these places will get the same treatment as the sills did, buffed to bare paint, Krusted, under coat, top coat and underseal.

This is a strange one?

IMAG0226.jpg

I've come to the thought that this car can and will be a very long term project.
I have lots planned for it and the small amount of rust chasing should pay dividends in the future.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Good update loon - car is in the right place for it all to happen. You should waxoil it on the pit too.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Good to see progress on this again Willie. BTW I've still got yon carbon bit off the engine cover for you, if you still want it just ping me a PM and we'll arrange to get it to you.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members