What did you and your MK2 do today?

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Now I'm back off my jollies I'm getting these original bi-xenon lights on eBay this weekend.

22e59bd021c21516353eabe82b1fbeee_zps6d50ea8e.jpg

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
Just a strip of 12v LEDs from eBay and connect them up to the roof light wires...it's a really easy and cheap mod! They also dim she you lock the car too.

I went one furor ther and also had mood lighting in red to match the dash when the headlights are on, still got the white lighting in both the front and rear of the car connected to the roof light.

sounds like the dug's danglies, i'll need to look into it when i get back from holidays..........

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
My Cupra and I haven't done anything yet, but its getting a clean when I get in. Still got half of the Brands Hatch car park down the side!

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Ran fault codes and got 01135 fault code.

All Mk2s seem to do that, I reckon they probably leave the factory with that error! I noticed it a couple of months ago on mine but won't be taking any action, alarm still works etc.

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 1K0-959-433-MIN.clb
Part No: 1K0 959 433 CP
Component: KSG 0401
Coding: 99C000CC7F008505485B861004CC
Shop #: WSC 04941 785 00200
VCID: 8005277FD3E06318A0B
Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301
Component: NGS n.mounted
Component: IRUE No Answer
1 Fault Found:
01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors
004 - No Signal/Communication

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Not worth trying to solve then?

No wouldn't bother, I think the fact it still happens on a relatively new car like yours speaks for itself. Apparently most SEAT dealers can't do anything about it other than clearing the fault only for it to come back again!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
No wouldn't bother, I think the fact it still happens on a relatively new car like yours speaks for itself. Apparently most SEAT dealers can't do anything about it other than clearing the fault only for it to come back again!

Mine had this error the very first time I scanned it. I Think it was within week 1 from brand new. My old PD170 Leon used to have the same error every time I scanned it too.

Just ignore it.

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
Fitted a Neuspeed CAI and some new Wipers..............

The induction kit sounds pretty awesome, lots of sucking and whooshing (not like the missus unfortunately :()

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
ADVICE PLEASE:
Bought LED Plate bulbs, had a quick look at how I take the old one out.
I seen star screw's holding it in place, I guess remove the screws and it should come out?

What can I expect when the unit comes out?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yeah it's easy bud, unscrew the screw you can see then just use a flat blade screwdriver and look for the little cut-out at one end of the plastic cover, slide the blade in a lever it out.

The most frustrating part is putting them back in, took me loads of attempts and then they chucked up errors lol, every time I tried to put them back in they kept rotating and wouldn't clip back in, got there in the end though.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
After you unscrew each holder just pop out the old bulb pop the new bulb in and screw it back in. Mate it takes like 2mins

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sweet, sounds good to me. Was hoping that would be the case.

Yeah it's easy bud, unscrew the screw you can see then just use a flat blade screwdriver and look for the little cut-out at one end of the plastic cover, slide the blade in a lever it out.

The most frustrating part is putting them back in, took me loads of attempts and then they chucked up errors lol, every time I tried to put them back in they kept rotating and wouldn't clip back in, got there in the end though.

I'll give it a go tomorrow morning :) cheers for the advice

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Took the Cupra on a track day at Oulton Park - very very slippery conditions.

Had a few scary moments at Old Hall braking from ~110 mph and some seriously hot front brakes at the end but no fade on track. I thought the car handled well though, better than I expected in the conditions :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members