SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
Where would be a good place on this board to split MHIS/MST2 topics in seperate threads?

Tell

Staff member
I know it's mixed. I asked internally yesterday for views on having the mib2 high subset. The thing about long threads it's all there just needs finding but the boards new software of linking in via the post number helps a lot that you can index straight into an answer. The resource sections run off the discussions threads.

Tell

Staff member
THis error is related to a technisat conversion? meanin install 05xx software on 02 xx 03xx 04xx hW revision units?

If Technisat can be NAV CID CFG file, or conversion .if patched over sd update with right prepared files and later rerun fw update error gone away...
There you go @Walone he needs your back up to have a look at.

Reactions: Walone

Pentaw1nz

Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

Just got my first seat, a leon FR ST from 2016. Full connect (so that's mib2 I think ?) . Brilliant car!

I found out that my navigation is version 0915 and can be updated to 1710 by using a SD card. File can be downloaded on the Seat website.

Second thing I found out is that my system firmware version is 0245 , while I see people here updating it to 330 and even higher from there.

Some questions: are there any things I miss out on with this 0245 version?
Or what are the benefits of updating?
And I see these updates need to be bought, so that means I need to pay for a 330 update and then pay a 360 from there ?

Hope someone here can help me!

Pentaw1nz

Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

Just got my first seat, a leon FR ST from 2016. Full connect (so that's mib2 I think ?) . Brilliant car!

I found out that my navigation is version 0915 and can be updated to 1710 by using a SD card. File can be downloaded on the Seat website.

Second thing I found out is that my system firmware version is 0245 , while I see people here updating it to 330 and even higher from there.

Some questions: are there any things I miss out on with this 0245 version?
Or what are the benefits of updating?
And I see these updates need to be bought, so that means I need to pay for a 330 update and then pay a 360 from there ?

Hope someone here can help me!
Ah I guess the NAVI update will also cost me money, since I probably don't have MapCare anymore.
Won't be doing that, because i'd rather use Google Maps from my phone with Android Connect.

Any tips on the firmware update to 330 / 360?

Tell

Staff member
Ah I guess the NAVI update will also cost me money, since I probably don't have MapCare anymore.
Won't be doing that, because i'd rather use Google Maps from my phone with Android Connect.

Any tips on the firmware update to 330 / 360?
As far as the map update is concerned there is a resource on how to do it with your existing card which doesn't cost you anything... although you say you will use AA.

Will let someone else answer your other question.

Reactions: Pentaw1nz

Pentaw1nz

Jun 21, 2021
As far as the map update is concerned there is a resource on how to do it with your existing card which doesn't cost you anything... although you say you will use AA.

Will let someone else answer your other question.
Thx for the tip! If it's free of charge, I'll give it a go with my existing card. I have a Europe V2 card now, while v13 is the latest 2021 version.

Hope someone else can help me with the firmware related questions.

Tell

Staff member
Thx for the tip! If it's free of charge, I'll give it a go with my existing card. I have a Europe V2 card now, while v13 is the latest 2021 version.

There is the June 2021 release. 1730 but sometimes different sub zones get numbered differently. I've indexed all of them if you follow thru the links. Take a copy of your card before you start since you need one file from that.

Tell

Staff member

On your other issue, if you were UK based for £50 one of the boards sponsors could do it:

Failing that you got to read back posts on here to determine the migration route. The issue has been in the past finding some of the software. That's housed on the M.I.B. platform that @MIB-Wiki posts from time to time [https://mibsolution.eu user:guest pass:guest]. I'm sure the German DEB board has much detail as well in German. The Spanish thread linked to on the thread covers a certain amount, starting off point, then DEB for reading unless you get specific guidance here if you want it as a DIY task.

515 is the last release of the firmware. No doubt I will be told if I'm wrong 🤣. It will go something like x > y > z > 515 I guess what that will be in the history of the thread for sure any anything special you need to do.

Pentaw1nz

Jun 21, 2021
On your other issue, if you were UK based for £50 one of the boards sponsors could do it:

Failing that you got to read back posts on here to determine the migration route. The issue has been in the past finding some of the software. That's housed on the M.I.B. platform that @MIB-Wiki posts from time to time [https://mibsolution.eu user:guest pass:guest]. I'm sure the German DEB board has much detail as well in German. The Spanish thread linked to on the thread covers a certain amount, starting off point, then DEB for reading unless you get specific guidance here if you want it as a DIY task.

515 is the last release of the firmware. No doubt I will be told if I'm wrong 🤣. It will go something like x > y > z > 515 I guess what that will be in the history of the thread for sure any anything special you need to do.

Thanks.
I also found a website named VAGupdate. They sell the firmware update for 80 dollars. I've send them an e-mail with all info and according to them, the latest version of my MIB2 std unit is 0346, while my current being 0245. Could give it a go for the 80 bucks, but if I can do it with the mibsolution website that would be better ofcourse. After I went through the websites you shared and also the spanish thread, I still have some questions.

- On the mibsolution site , I see a file named "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0515T" , My current is "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T" ,
Not sure about the version I need and why VAGupdate comes up with a different version. So the 0346 version the can offer me for 80 bucks is outdated?

- What's the complete and correct path to follow when coming from 0245 and going to the latest version? My gut feeling would say that I just take the 515 version, put it on a FAT32 SD card and run the update. But I;m a bit anctious of screwing things up. When going back in this thread, I see people going from 0245 to 330 to 346 and so on.

- Also I see from the spanish forum that I need an ODB to erase faults at the end of the update. Any tips on which one you guys use? I see many different kinds.

- And is the XOR calculater thing also relevant for MIB2? I;ve found the thread of @niallain so I hope I'll manage to fix it if I get this error.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Thanks.
I also found a website named VAGupdate. They sell the firmware update for 80 dollars. I've send them an e-mail with all info and according to them, the latest version of my MIB2 std unit is 0346, while my current being 0245. Could give it a go for the 80 bucks, but if I can do it with the mibsolution website that would be better ofcourse. After I went through the websites you shared and also the spanish thread, I still have some questions.

- On the mibsolution site , I see a file named "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0515T" , My current is "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T" ,
Not sure about the version I need and why VAGupdate comes up with a different version. So the 0346 version the can offer me for 80 bucks is outdated?

- What's the complete and correct path to follow when coming from 0245 and going to the latest version? My gut feeling would say that I just take the 515 version, put it on a FAT32 SD card and run the update. But I;m a bit anctious of screwing things up. When going back in this thread, I see people going from 0245 to 330 to 346 and so on.

- Also I see from the spanish forum that I need an ODB to erase faults at the end of the update. Any tips on which one you guys use? I see many different kinds.

- And is the XOR calculater thing also relevant for MIB2? I;ve found the thread of @niallain so I hope I'll manage to fix it if I get this error.
I wouldn't jump to 515 directly. I'd wait till someone more knowledgeable on your hardware comes along. You have a mid 2 standard from your map code. Certainly if the map works with the workaround is a standard.

The boards sponsor retrofitter wouldn't be asking people to send the unit to them if it's something you can do easily, they do sell the 515 as a standalone update for download but have that page for people as far back as you in software saying a return service... but not living in the UK you probably don't want to do that. So I reckon staged unless they have to open it up. @RCupra would know the process or @MIB-Wiki

On programming Odbeleven is a nice tool. You need the Pro version of that. I have a thread on that. First few posts an intro then one on clearing SVMs which is what you are talking about. The logic for clearing them was cracked so you can do it on all the tools now. You have to look up a decode, put it in, reboot, check etc.

Obdeleven intro... then followed by Ateca mods stuff.

Then the SVM clear which is general to all models:

Obdeleven SVM clear instructions (click)

People use different tables and calculators to do it. I use an Audi board way of doing it, same decode figure to go in whichever way you do it. Lower case in Obdeleven.

Pentaw1nz

Jun 21, 2021
In the mean time, VAGupdate guy is telling me this:
"515 version can be installed only if your device has navigation function (2 sd card option) but it is not official update. People do it as custom update. We do not recommend it because old hardwares are not compatible and designed for 515 version. It is like installing windows 10 to an old laptop."

Rsjay

Sep 16, 2018
In the mean time, VAGupdate guy is telling me this:
"515 version can be installed only if your device has navigation function (2 sd card option) but it is not official update. People do it as custom update. We do not recommend it because old hardwares are not compatible and designed for 515 version. It is like installing windows 10 to an old laptop."
when installing 0515 you have to patch swdownload earlier and then use a modified metainfo2.txt with correct cpu logging tab. on hw24 its 18 on seat unit.
for proper update then must activate develeper mode and enter in service menu and also run a full swdl update and select all. escluding swdownload update.on 2. update do only swdownload update.
0515 is faster on hw 24 as any older for hw 24 compiled fw.
0346 is a bugged old and not stable running fw.then is better to update any newer fw than 0245 , 0252 and 0253 are stabler..
vagupdate and also jusuf sell fw and this fw is a rar or zip archive without all files .will end in a brick!!!
Ps ..... 0346 is signed conversion from 0245,0252,.......to 0346 and linked also...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Had this pre typed...

This is where we need @RCupra or @MIB-Wiki or anybody who has done it. On that Skoda link I edited in above some have done it on a Seat... They are Seat screens

"
Posted 30 August, 2020

Hello pab567.
So today I finally updated my skoda unit H30 from 0367 to 0478 and friend's seat unit H24 from 0245 to 0515. It was long way, but finally it's done. Thanks.
"

Moppa below that with a Leon Fr 2017. Pad567 is being helpful on there...

They are bound to be files from the M.I.B. collective as I call them. I wouldn't shell out to a retrofitter for a modest upgrade that doesn't give you 515. I note the guy says developers menu so you need that, get that from Obdeleven.

Feels like a project if you are doing it yourself. I'm sure your hardware can handle it but you will be switching update paths.
when installing 0515 you have to patch swdownload earlier and then use a modified metainfo2.txt with correct cpu logging tab. on hw24 its 18 on seat unit.
for proper update then must activate develeper mode and enter in service menu and also run a full swdl update and select all. escluding swdownload update.on 2. update do only swdownload update.
0515 is faster on hw 24 as any older for hw 24 compiled fw.
0346 is a bugged old and not stable running fw.then is better to update any newer fw than 0245 , 0252 and 0253 are stabler..
vagupdate and also jusuf sell fw and this fw is a rar or zip archive without all files .will end in a brick!!!

The M.I.B. collective have now arrived... Will step back. Thank you Rsjay.

Pentaw1nz

Jun 21, 2021
I'm not familiar with patching/flashing to go up to 515 and makes me a bit nervous lol.

I got the following info in a pm:
"Although updating unit from 02xx (so called SOP2) to higher SW is possible however it's not just a simple update - it requires unit to be hacked first and then reflashed with especially modified final SW. Moreover, from my experience I do not recommend for units installed in SEAT LEON 5F to go higher than SOP3 as then you might be affected with some incompatibility between infotainment unit and BCM that requires adjusting of coding and adaptation of BCM while from the features point of view going higher than SOP3 does not bring any new features."

This info is similar to the info from VAGupdate, but according to @Raja, The 0346 version is not stable. I also have a 0252 file, but I am not sure if this version has the new layout?

Not sure if I'd go to 0252 or 0346.
Or do I still need to hack/flash when going from 245 to 346?

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
Yes, intended by VAG is only updating within the same versions: 2XX, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx

So, the highest number within a main Version range is the latest/newest one.

Yes, upgrading is possible also to higher numbers - but this has to be commented on by an MST2 expert, which I‘m not.

It is defiantly more risky and one really has to understand what he is doing .

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Tell and Pentaw1nz

Pentaw1nz

Jun 21, 2021
Yes, intended by VAG is only updating within the same versions: 2XX, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx

So, the highest number within a main Version range is the latest/newest one.

Yes, upgrading is possible also to higher numbers - but this has to be commented on by an MST2 expert, which I‘m not.

It is defiantly more risky and one really has to understand what he is doing .

Thanks. All clear. I also dont feel really comfortable with this advanced procedure haha. Only if someone who did it can share their experience with me.

You know if I there are any benefits from going to 245 to 252? I think the new layout is only from 3xx?

If going to 252, I can just follow the standard procedure? And then use odb11 to erase faults.

MIB-Wiki

Oct 8, 2020
There are in general no change logs available, so it is unionism, what changed.

Updating the standard way is low risk, prepare SD, put in unit, start update.

Tell

Staff member
You could cut your teeth on that within 2xx increment. That's where the boards retrofitter service by post looks a snip for any one living in the UK in a similar situation takes the worry out of it from going all the way to 515 from 2xx etc. Why they must have it not as a download only service since it's tricky at the process stage.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.