DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
It might even be how it has been scaled too mate. Not quite sure mate.

Where is Dave and Wilko when you need them....

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
What is the diameter of the original maff tube and that of the new one. Convert them to csa's, the ratio between the two will give you the conversion factor.
I'm a little sceptical of the expected bhp figures considering the boost levels at high rpm are so low. Turbo efficency aside, i would be expecting to see 1.35 bar held to the red line to be looking at 280 bhp plus.
I'm a little puzzled by your high cf's. I would consider swaping your maff with a known good one and relog. poor fuel could be one reason but i stopped running my APR octane 98 program because it was causing too high cf's so i run it in octane 95 mode now and tweak the timing myself. i would reduce the timing a little and relog.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Running 95 Octane fuel will certainly cause knock on an engine that's set up for 98 Octane. Of course you'll see CFs.

An intake gasket isn't going to solve the problems you're seeing Danny. Your airflow figures indicate that you're not producing the power, based on the Maf sizing info you gave me.

jamiebennett81

An intake gasket isn't going to solve the problems you're seeing Danny. Your airflow figures indicate that you're not producing the power, based on the Maf sizing info you gave me.

how do you mean Dave?

Should the airflow figures be higher then, like Benny's who was producing 221g/s, all be it on a k03s, but still the Ibiza element in a 3" housing

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Danny, what size injectors are you running?

Im Running LCR ones with a 4 bar Fpr...

I spoke to rob don and the larger the airfilter and wider the neck the lower the g/s because it speeds the air up...

Willy: Them Logs were when I '' Re-adjusted'' the MBC beacause i thought it was the Boost pressure causing the high cfs....
Im running a 3'' LCR Maf tube With an ibiza element..

So ive turned it back up the way i had it ''1.5bar'' and its going like stink...

I knew the Gasket wouldnt help much but its defo Needed...Im Putting it down to either Fuel Or Maf...

As i made 160.5 g/s then recaluted to 180.5g/s....Im abit puzzled really...as i should be way in the 200g/s area..

jamiebennett81

So is the reading Fine?

my Maf reading wasnt rescaled when it was mapped..

Is mine holding 1.2-1.3bar at 6-7krpm then? Which is roughtly 220g/s?

It is in no way shape or form slow.

just get it on the rollers!

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Had a prober contructive day today...

Done all my engine Mounts.
Re-fitted and re-aligned the exhaust system...(i didnt now my Downpipe was a Full 3'' Bonus)
Re Fitted all my Hoses and tidyed up the engine bay
Re-fitted Oil sender and gauge so got that working
Adjusted my Boost back to 1.5bar...

And Now Ive Running in to my 99Ron She's Flying and the Noise on boost now with the windows Down it just awesome Nice big spit & bang too :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise