DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Yup sure am mate

Just arrived here and it lovely

yeah i also got both lights on when above 15mph but that was a fuse....but a had my tcs light flashing before and could feel the abs kickin in slighlty so gonna order to abs sensors...

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I know what you mean mate. If I was to ever get rid for a bigger car I think I would go for a LCR or if I could afford it a mk2 loen cupra or mk5 golf gti.

Shame you getting rid after all you have done to it mate :(

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Tenner says he doesnt :p

Got your tx today bud just really busy doing bits on the car and forgot to tx back.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
you're selling it?

I say bad choice, however its up to you.

You want to sell it in parts? good luck I guess. Hope you;re able to wait a long time to get your money as obviously it will go slow.

I am eager to see what the replacement would be. I know what you mean about turbo cars. THink when I end up selling I'll get a LCR back for it. Or a evo or something like that.

cuprachrissy

bloody hell my posts just got deleted :(. well ill have to pm you then.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Ive just stuck it up for sale and if it goes it goes....

Im gonna keep it otherwise as im hearing storys on the Forums and Friends and family saying that the depreaction of new cars has fell so much in ££££.
So gettin one woud'nt be a problem for me a its 280PM for a 55plate Scoob and £340pm For Ed30 and New S3...
Put once ive got it ive gotta keep it for 5years which for me i would get bored of it as modding is my thing.Its more like a Hobbie well i suppose it is really...I can have up to £18,500 then the APR just get completly stupid then all id be doing is payin the interest of around £80-£100 a month...

Ive been doing some serious thinking and wondering should i keep it(which Most of me Does) But i need a bigger car ( But it wont Be Fun) for when i go to cruises and shows ect..I mean the max size id go would be a LCR as there huge in comparizate to the Little Ibiza..

jamiebennett81

your crazy mate, dont sell it, although I understand the need for a bigger car, hence I got my Leon because of my Son

cant you keep it and take out a loan for a newer car. Drop the mileage on the insurance for the Ibiza massively, so just as a weekend car, and the difference in cost due to dropped mileage on the insurance could be spent on the running costs of the newer car. Perhaps get a diesel, further saving on fuel costs to contribute to keeping the ibiza as your weekend toy?

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
I was going to suggest getting a cheap 4 door daily and keeping the Cupra for weekends/shows. I wouldn't expect you'd be racing people off the lights with your little one in the car anyway?

jamiebennett81

I was going to suggest getting a cheap 4 door daily and keeping the Cupra for weekends/shows. I wouldn't expect you'd be racing people off the lights with your little one in the car anyway?

yep, something cheap to run, maybe a little older and a diesel i.e. a 5k loan would buy something in pretty good condition as the bottom out of the 2nd hand car market has completely dropped i.e. I bought my Leon for 5k and as standard was a perfect run around (but think of one in a diesel form to further save money). weekdays as a workhorse car, and the Ibiza for a fun weekend car:)

Personally I would not want the running costs of the Ibiza AND an LCR etc. Sacrifices have to be made some where

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Only problem is if he gets a Leon (or any other VAG car) as a run around car you can put money on him modding that too :lol:

I would go for something like a second hand Focus of Mondeo, good to drive and your less likely to mod it then....

jamiebennett81

Only problem is if he gets a Leon (or any other VAG car) as a run around car you can put money on him modding that too :lol:

I would go for something like a second hand Focus of Mondeo, good to drive and your less likely to mod it then....

ha ha, thats what I was thinking too

look at me, I bought my Leon...and said I was never going to modify it.....erm well that went wrong:D:lol:

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
**IHI VF23 Conversion Build Thread**

Righto my IHI build is underway and this is the engine spec of what i want to acheive..

IHI Vf23 Turbo With P20 exhaust housing
Tig-art tuburlar manifold
3'' Turbo intake pipe
2.5 Milltek Catback System With no silencer
Custom 3'' downpipe with 2.75 De-cat
3'' S3 Maf
Blue Top 470cc Injectors @ 3bar
Bosch 3bar FPR
Billet Turbosmart MBC
Jetex Filter
Oil catch tank
Forge Dump valve With Yellow Uprated Spring
Forge Dump Valve Relocation Kit
Large Custom Intercooler
63mm Charge Pipe And throttle Bodie pipe Work
Sai Removal
Egr Removal
N112 Removal
N249 Removal
Bosch Rated Coilpacks
Helix Vr6 Clutch with ARP bolts
Fiblanza Lightened G60 Flywheel
S.E.M Large Inlet manifold with 70mm TB
Denso Ik22 Cold grade spark Plugs
Intergrated Engineering Connecting Rods With 20mm Wrist pins
Full Setup W.O.T Box Set to 200ms
2-step launch Control set to 3500krpm

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
compression test will show some results, but not fatigue components if there are any..
good oil pressure?
oil tight?
no rattles?

probably be fine.
valves @ that milage? :think: I personally would want peace of mind that they were "ok" by replacing them with supertech, and whilst out drop in a set of rods, re-ring, confirm bores ok and "know" its going to be pretty ok.

but thats just me

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
compression test will show some results, but not fatigue components if there are any..
good oil pressure?
oil tight?
no rattles?

probably be fine.
valves @ that milage? :think: I personally would want peace of mind that they were "ok" by replacing them with supertech, and whilst out drop in a set of rods, re-ring, confirm bores ok and "know" its going to be pretty ok.

but thats just me

Superb Phil and bill just what im looking for..

I know this ''NEXT'' step wont be over night as it will take a while to gather parts but how do i do a compression test is along the lines of Coilpack and Spark plugs.

Theres no Running issues but i will be replacing belts,Pumps ect along the way i need something to keep me in love with it...Plus the Gt2x is brillaint but i just want that bit more..

Is it a engine out job bill that you discribe doing work on?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise