DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
The Bosch ones are cheaper and I guess less hassle to fit being in-line but they're meant to be noisy too

I've got a BAM pump for when I do my conversion mate but I think Hooch once mentioned it needs some minor modification to fit? Might be worth checking up on

I'm surprised you're not already running an uprated pump on that power

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Yeah I mentioned it way back in my thread but the answer i got was i didnt need oneas the OEM can take 300bhp...

But i wanted a uprated one just incase it fails...im not fussed about nice as the Air Filter on idle sounds like it can suck small children in anway lol

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Turbos Coming of today or tomorrow if i get time...To be made a hybrid and fully rebuilt...

Id be happy with 300bhp or near as dam it after the hybrid is done...Im also going to look at a wideband setup as i want to put my timing back to normal as it still isnt as quick before i knocked the timing back...
It could do with noticing back up to -0degrees...

Also going to work out moving my Filter over to the wing abit more and try and gain a few more G/s on the maf....Every little helps i suppose....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just done a quick Log @ 5.4krpm I was seeing

cf cf cf cf
5.3 5.3 3 6 And ambeint temp of 21'c @ 5.4krpm...

so i know my FMIC is cooler and flowing enough so its got to be my Spark/fuel?

Danny, do you know what ambient temperature means, or are you currently logging your car from Florida?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
lmao @ mork. nice one.

Ambient temp is the outside temp, the stuff the weather forecasters lie to use about.

21 degrees is intake temps.

You either need to know what your fuelling is doing or turn down your timing again imo.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
lmao @ mork. nice one.

Ambient temp is the outside temp, the stuff the weather forecasters lie to use about.

21 degrees is intake temps.

You either need to know what your fuelling is doing or turn down your timing again imo.

Well intake temp then:lol: thats what im gettin

I think i need a wideband before i get the hybrid done correct?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ambient is what the outside air temp is, I think the 21C you're quoting is the inlet temp? Ambient today is probably about 8C?

In which case that's a lot of timing pull for 21C inlet temps - imagine what it's like when ambient is up at 30C in the summer & your inlet temps are 13+C higher

nowhere near as bad as hitting 75+C as I have on that stock IC :D

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
ambient is what the outside air temp is, I think the 21C you're quoting is the inlet temp? Ambient today is probably about 8C?

In which case that's a lot of timing pull for 21C inlet temps - imagine what it's like when ambient is up at 30C in the summer & your inlet temps are 13+C higher

nowhere near as bad as hitting 75+C as I have on that stock IC :D

Yeah Mork its 21c intake temps...Il correct my self next time :lol:

So im at full boost by 4.4krpm in 3rd and other Gt2x owners around 3.8krpm...

Do i have some sort of restriction on the Maf/airfilter side?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it's hard to say when they're not identical maps - assuming the turbo is the same of course - the mapping on yours might not be quite so aggressive, but it could likely be a hardware related cause - 600rpm isn't a lot - maybe even down to how tight the w/gate is adjusted maybe

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Mork this is Cupra_matts old Setup everything i have on my car on engine wise came from his including the map...

Dont get me wrong it is rapid but could do with sorting the fueling out..

mork when you say wastegate u mean adjusted by the acuator rod..

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Butting in here slightly but trying to understand more about running advanced timing if I choose to do it with a water/meth setup.

Is the increase in intake temp down to the increased pressure in the cylinder caused by higher compression??

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Right im goin to buy a wideband gauge and lambda before i get the hybrid done...

As im reading i can add more power with the cfs like this as it could be running lean mid/topend...

Were can i get one from and how much are they?