DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Logs are looking much better! You could bump the timing a little more, but this is as cold as its gonna get so i would probably leave them alone now. :D

My only criticsm is i think your air filter is too close to your maf, could you not extend the filter a little so the air 'straightens' before passing the maf? I think revo kev has mentioned this before, that if the maf runs too close to the filter the g/s can be effected.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Personally I'd relocate the battery to the boot, opens that area right up for a decent air filter setup, lets alot more cold air in too. I'd have a 6" alloy pipe between the MAF and filter m8. Just my thoughts.

Looks like the larger IC and pipework has worked well for you, good stuff.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Why is having the MAF straight after the air filter not recommended?? Had mine sat straight behind my Jetex filter for a while now?

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Good good :D

Going todo that this weekend,Could i use a length of 63mm Mandrell bent pipe for it..and move it right over in to the wing? and buy a coupler for the 70mm Air filter neck and reducer for the maf to pipe or wouldnt that work?

Just thinking so i can use up some of the stuff ive got lieing around

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Good good :D

Going todo that this weekend,Could i use a length of 63mm Mandrell bent pipe for it..and move it right over in to the wing? and buy a coupler for the 70mm Air filter neck and reducer for the maf to pipe or wouldnt that work?

Just thinking so i can use up some of the stuff ive got lieing around

That should be fine mate :)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Just Awesome :D

Owned my first r32 Last night... I was Buuzzziiin :D

Photo016.jpg

Photo017.jpg

Photo018.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Photo020.jpg

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Its ok doesnt feel anywere near as good as before i turned it down......But eveyone ive spoke to said turn it up one degrees and log it again...A max of 6 cfs is ok...

Yeah Defo getting it made a hybrid..

Last edited:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Nice one mate.

You gona come to the north east RR day as its not far from you (I think its closer to you than it it to me and I booked it :redface:)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Lol Yeah i might be :D

Ive turned my timing up from -1.45degrees to -0.75degrees and it feels WAAYYYYY better even driving off boost it feels sooo much better....and one Boost its an animal and thats only a small Degress...

I turned down my boost aswell as it was overboost in 5th and causing me to go in to limp mode so turned it down to 21psi in 4th...

to get rid of the cfs could i uprate the fuel pump? as ive been told cfs are to do with Boost/Fuel?correct?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Make sure you do some logs again since you adjusted the timing again then mate.

Yea, I think your right about cf's to do with boost/fuel/air flow.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Make sure you do some logs again since you adjusted the timing again then mate.

Yea, I think your right about cf's to do with boost/fuel/air flow.

Im having thoughts about my maf....I dunno if its me but sometimes when i start it it will oddlly rev up to 2krpm then down and up again..

Defo aint a boost leak as ive replaced everything with new stuff...
But my filter is right near the maf so that might have something todo with it...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise