Autogauge Oil Sender

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
thought about that but didnt think it would be as secure. i also didnt want to chance ruining the plastic fitting. the fixing is a great fit in the hole.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
to help people that are buying the new Nomad pod with the screw at the top. remove the top plastic clip from the car and use one of these (cut in half) and an M10 washer.

drme.jpg

you can then cut a piece of wood to the right thickness and screw to the car.... after just screw the pod to the wood. it's solid.

any chance of some pics of this on the car? the wooden mount etc i mean...i kinda see what you've done but im a tad confused :redface:

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Quick question, i noticed the other day that if i turn the lights down via the dimmer switch then the needle on the oil temp gauge goes down with it. Anyone elses do this?

It will do if you've attached the guage light feed to the dimmer wire...

If you don't want this to happen then you need to fit it to a ignition live wire.

It will do if you've attached the guage light feed to the dimmer wire...

If you don't want this to happen then you need to fit it to a ignition live wire.

If i run an ignition live i won't be able to dim the lights will i?
No way of wiring it so that the light can dim without the needle moving then?
Mind you i don't think i ever dim the lights but sometimes the dimmer switch turns itself down :doh:

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Quick question, i noticed the other day that if i turn the lights down via the dimmer switch then the needle on the oil temp gauge goes down with it. Anyone elses do this?

Do you mean that when you dim the lights the needle actually moves down, or the light of the needle dim's at the same time?!

As per KEZ it shouldn't physically move when you dim the lights, unless you got wiring gremlins :-o

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Yeah sound like the problem.

2 Options...either find the switch live in the dimmer loom, or under the lower dash on the drivers side (just to the right of the steering column) is the power distribution block, which is where I've picked up the power supply from.

Its dead easy, and all you'll need is spade or ring crimps to connect to it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.