Anyone got Water Meths Injection on a Mk 2 Cupra?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
yeah i will wait but it wont really prove anything as they will also have a hybrid turbo strapped on so it wont show any results regarding WMI

Depends as the hybrid is on and getting mapped tomorrow morning so if they add the meth kit after it should give an idea of gains and engine temps, ok so its a hybrid but will still give a good ball park figure.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I had a quote for supply and fitment of this kit on my car

Now i questioned the fitting price straight away, and his reply was this is what They do for a living, which makes sense really. the average garage be it jabba, AMD, JKM etc etc will have very little experience fitting WMI kits to cars. This is all these guys do.

Plus when i asked him if he had fitted them to any skodas he said, he hadnt fitted to a skoda but had done a load of VAG cars predominantly SEATs.

i make that about £380, plus say 50-100 for a map tweak on the RR. Plus they also said they would do some forum discount ontop of that if i wanted to

Me personally i would go there for the supply and fitment of the kit, have them check that it is all spraying correctly etc, but i would then take it to a a tuner such as REVO, JABBA etc to have them tune it on the RR.

Si, Jabba are UK distributors for snow performance WMI kits, and Kev down there certainly knows what he's doing.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Hybrid turbos are all well and good, but until Revo do code for one, I wont bother. I would also need to know if I sent my spare K04 for hybridisation that it wasnt going to melt/break/leak etc as I have heard all sorts of horror stories on here and other places on non OEM turbos not lasting after modifications/hybridisation/refurbishment.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The way im looking at it is this. I wouldnt need to swap the s3 cooler for the THS or stack the Forge IC which are both around £500+ fitting and the meth would work alot more efficiently and increas power by say around 30hp ish and be a few bob cheaper so win win.

Oh and get into the 12's :lol:.

Rob I can get lower than ambiant intake temps inconjunction with my APR cooler.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
I cant beleive i never went down this road before, i mean for £300 it seems to be a bloody good mod for the money, aswell as making the engine "safer"and "cleaner"

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Rob I can get lower than ambiant intake temps inconjunction with my APR cooler.

I already have an S3 cooler so which would be better, adding WMI or stack a Forge cooler in front of the S3?

I think wmi and would work out cheaper and more power potential well we hope ;)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
go for the WMI rob, you can wind up the timing 1 or two points, and have consistant pwoer.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
So running this they'll be no need for 98ron vpower as the meth will make 95ron like 112ron right?

How much and where do you get the meth from and how long does a windscreen washer tank full last?

Impossible question on how much you use.

They use a progressive controller, meaning you set the on spra point and the full spray point, and inbetween is a linear rise in pressure. So the more you are on boost or full boost, the more it will use. I dont use boost much so mine lasts for ages.
The nozzle size will also account for how much you are using.

I got mine off ebay as well. You have to pick it up as they cant post. I bought a 25litre container of methanol, and 25litre container of distilled water, and mix as required. Bare in mind methanol is highly flammable and not good for skin and eyes, so protective gloves/goggles need to be worn. I usually go for a 50/50 mix.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
obviously if you can afford both that is all and well but i am sticking with the s3 cooler and going for WMI

I may be able to get us a deal on a better one bud. Working on the detail ;)

In the mean time, Keithski and I will have a go at removing the a/c core and capping it off :). It certainly looks the part on Owens car, and although we havent logged our two cars back to back, I bet that his has lower intake temps than mine ;)

boomsly

ah ok, well either way i was wondering how you get it posted down as its prohibited i thought

boomsly

just found this company and from what i can gather its delivered too, maybe a good option if you cant get local pick for the ebay methanol.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members