Anyone got Water Meths Injection on a Mk 2 Cupra?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Which way is yours set up Rob? As I see it, there is more than 1 way to do it.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
If its good enough for you rob its good enough for me mate, we all know how fussy you are with your car... might just get it from the guy down south as its only £9 more and he is on the end of the phone, he may also do discount if allen is keen

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Aye, I am game, but I would like to know the difference between the kits. Also, not very keen on wiring it up, but I am sure Haggle and the ramp will be in use again :lol:

We will do yours first though Owen ;):p

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
So running this they'll be no need for 98ron vpower as the meth will make 95ron like 112ron right?

How much and where do you get the meth from and how long does a windscreen washer tank full last?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You got a link to fitting instructions for us Owen? I would like to have a look.

Ta

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Again, mk1 LCR, but I fitted the AEM boost controlled WMI kit myself - fairly straight forward, just set aside a day to route everything neatly. I have been gradually tweaking setting using unisettings over the past couple of months to get everything running well.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
So running this they'll be no need for 98ron vpower as the meth will make 95ron like 112ron right?

How much and where do you get the meth from and how long does a windscreen washer tank full last?

The way I see it is that with WMI and Shell 99 and Octane booster and timing wound up to 9, I get in to 12's on the 1/4 mile :lol:

However, as well as that, it is a good way of keeping things safer the rest of the time, cleaning bits that otherwise dont get cleaned :)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008

I buy meth from ebay at £12.50 for 25ltrs. Normal driving a 3 litre tank last me about the same as a tank and a half of petrol (350miles). At the ring I was going through a 3 litre tank in 2 laps (26miles) but that was constantly on boost pretty much!

If you run 98/99RON and WMI you can advance your timing further than just 95RON+WMI

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
The way I see it is that with WMI and Shell 99 and Octane booster and timing wound up to 9, I get in to 12's on the 1/4 mile :lol:

The way im looking at it is this. I wouldnt need to swap the s3 cooler for the THS or stack the Forge IC which are both around £500+ fitting and the meth would work alot more efficiently and increas power by say around 30hp ish and be a few bob cheaper so win win.

Oh and get into the 12's :lol:.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
Its the same kit mate but i wouldnt need the tank or fitting so it will only cost £279.99 for kit + £6 for switch + postage, the guy seems to be very helpful so i will see if i can get dscount for 2 kits for me and horace

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Its the same kit mate but i wouldnt need the tank or fitting so it will only cost £279.99 for kit + £6 for switch + postage, the guy seems to be very helpful so i will see if i can get dscount for 2 kits for me and horace

Well you two be the guinea pigs and we'll all be the sheep and tag along or you could just wait for jabba to do it to there ed30.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise