Anyone got Water Meths Injection on a Mk 2 Cupra?

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
yeah i cant say anything bad about devils own as i have never had one, just like the look of the other manufacturer with the digital controller and differant wiring style

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
I have to say that the AEM meth kits we fit have been excellent so far. Just doing one on a X-Bow at the mo.

what sort of gains have you seen using water meth on kits you have fitted. also what mixture ratio of WM have you found to be best.

what actuation method does the AEM use. boost or MAF?

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Is that these kits Alex?
http://www.aemelectronics.com/1-gallon-water-injection-kit-691
That is what I have on mine, very simple to fit and so far no issues with it; been on the car 4months or so now :)

Thats the one. Fitting is straight forward and can be wired to switch off boost control once level is too low.

what sort of gains have you seen using water meth on kits you have fitted. also what mixture ratio of WM have you found to be best.

what actuation method does the AEM use. boost or MAF?

The AEM uses boost rather than MAF and takes its own boost reading instead of wiring to MAP.

Great gains in advanced timing and slight boost increases have shown good gains, but i dont have any figures to give at the moment. Tend to use a 75% water and 25% meth on 1.8T's and 50/50 on the FSi's with the BT's and K04's.

I dont like to use too much meth due to its corrosion properties and flamable nature.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Bit of a thread resurection here chaps, but can anyone suggest what to set the 'Start' and 'Full' spray settings at for a Revo Stage 2+ car? Peak boost of 24psi which drops to 17psi at redline.

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
I'd recommend starting off with the start point 1/2 your full boost and the max point 2 psi under your full boost then tune from there.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
I'd recommend starting off with the start point 1/2 your full boost and the max point 2 psi under your full boost then tune from there.

Thanks Bruce, when you say full boost do you mean where the boost spikes? The boost spikes at 24psi at around 3000rpm then settles at 22/23psi till around 5500rpm and drops off to 17psi at redline.

The WMI controller is currently set to Start at 5psi and spray Fully at 10psi. Is this too aggressive then?

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
Thanks Bruce, when you say full boost do you mean where the boost spikes? The boost spikes at 24psi at around 3000rpm then settles at 22/23psi till around 5500rpm and drops off to 17psi at redline.

The WMI controller is currently set to Start at 5psi and spray Fully at 10psi. Is this too aggressive then?

The lower you can get the settings the better as your have the meth on more of the time supplying more fuid, you might be able to increase the pump pressure to up fluid supply even more although your prob need to pull your setting back a little.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
The lower you can get the settings the better as your have the meth on more of the time supplying more fuid, you might be able to increase the pump pressure to up fluid supply even more although your prob need to pull your setting back a little.

Yeah I have already increased the pump pressure to 250psi on a DO3 nozzle. Currently the car is running just 100% water.

I was just a little concerned about pumping in too much fluid too soon for it to not vaporise sufficiently to decrease IAT's.

Last edited:

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Don't worry you'd notice the car 'Bog' if to much fluid was going in

So ideally you wan't to inject as much fluid - as soon as possible without the car bogging down? The effectivness of cooling won't be reduced by injecting too much water too soon?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.