Anyone got Water Meths Injection on a Mk 2 Cupra?

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
ive heard issues of JBS taking a while to deliver kit(8 weeks for me to get my hpfp, when it was supposedly in stock), so it would be wise to check they have stock and it doesnt need o come from the USA first.

you could always tap it into your std TB/IC pipe then fit this after

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
bruce what do you make of this.. this is a devils own job from the states

he has one injector per manifold run and one injector pre IAT sensor on the TB/IC pipe
DSC_0085.jpg

We sell a fair few of these set ups, especially to the Supra and skyline boys, you can't get any better than this on distribution and with the pre IAT nozzle the ECU still sees the cooler temps.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
We sell a fair few of these set ups, especially to the Supra and skyline boys, you can't get any better than this on distribution and with the pre IAT nozzle the ECU still sees the cooler temps.

so what would you say is the potntial gains of doing it this way as a pose to sticking them straight into the TB/IC pipe pre-IAT sensor

And also could there be an issu with to much WM getting injected??

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Bruce - can you do pipes like the one above for the Cupra?

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
so what would you say is the potntial gains of doing it this way as a pose to sticking them straight into the TB/IC pipe pre-IAT sensor

And also could there be an issu with to much WM getting injected??

The gains are a much better distribution of water/meth with often better cooling.

To much WM isn't a problem as its all about the right size nozzles and setting the controller up right.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I may be interesting in something like this, as would Owen I am sure. I am waiting to see what Dan comes back with tomorrow as I asked to see pics of his set up.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
The gains are a much better distribution of water/meth with often better cooling.

To much WM isn't a problem as its all about the right size nozzles and setting the controller up right.

I'm assuming the £50 upgrade kit on your site doesn't come with any nozzles? Would you do a deal on an upgrade kit and 5 nozzles to suit? Thanks

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
dans is the basic setup using the TB/IC pipe afaik. this setup would be the absoulute nuts, but would definately require custom mapping

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
I take it you mean one of these.

Unfortunately not, when we fit the nozzles we just drill and tap, we aren't a fan of putting the nozzles in any sort of raised mounts as they can effect the spray pattern and create droplets/pooling.

they designed this pipe in conjuction with DO in the US to reduce that happening though

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
so getting hold of a spare would be a good idea then?

if one was to run out of meth, could you inject water into the manifoldor would that be a no no and am i talking crap. i know you can do 100% water pre IAT sensor

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
so getting hold of a spare would be a good idea then?

if one was to run out of meth, could you inject water into the manifoldor would that be a no no and am i talking crap. i know you can do 100% water pre IAT sensor

Getting a spare can be handy.

Water before the inlet manifold is absolutely fine.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
those nozzlles are in the inlet manifold though??

@ DJ i bet your wallet is twiching at this now lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members