what have you done to your car today ?

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Lancashire
Well had my wrap virginity taken yesterday lol had the roof and spoiler wrapped in forged carbon, he said think ur the 1st to do this and won't be the last, oh and my dad had to use my car as my ankle is sore but he's managed to do 178 miles to 3/4 of a tank bloody boy racer ain't he lol.

Attachments

• 20240823_191442.jpg
    20240823_191442.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20240824_104701_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824_104701_Facebook.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 47

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Lancashire
@tracktoy thanks bud, na my dad's done me a solid atm with messing my ankle up, fuel don't bother me or him having some fun with it but he needs to keep an eye on speedo or he won't have his license long lol, and my dad is a tight arse and would go up the wall if I did that in his he even said the same.
2 tier DAD 🤣

Reactions: tracktoy

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Well had my wrap virginity taken yesterday lol had the roof and spoiler wrapped in forged carbon, he said think ur the 1st to do this and won't be the last, oh and my dad had to use my car as my ankle is sore but he's managed to do 178 miles to 3/4 of a tank bloody boy racer ain't he lol.
Looks 👍 I have been considering this myself, mainly because I've painstakingly tried to restore my roof paint from oxidisation, but it just too far gone.
If I may ask, what is a rough price bracket for this job?
Lol @ your boy racer dad, concrete right foot eh? 😂

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Lancashire
Looks 👍 I have been considering this myself, mainly because I've painstakingly tried to restore my roof paint from oxidisation, but it just too far gone.
If I may ask, what is a rough price bracket for this job?
Lol @ your boy racer dad, concrete right foot eh? 😂
Cheers buddy I'm happy with it a few ppl have said it looks mint.
I had a bit if oxidation in black roof paint was good but some discoloration like a burn color, so thought I'd try something different with this wrap instead of black paint, you will no doubt have to take it to them like I did to make sure paints good for the wrap as they don't like cars our age due to paint condition. But the price was 300 for roof and spoiler if it had been normal carbon weave that would have been 250. Same as paint being painted up north so thoughts try s wrap.
My dad yeah heavy foot yep for sure he use to have a mk1 capri with race engine custom exhaust and paint with a firebird and pinstripes, this is where I get it from 😆

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Cheers buddy I'm happy with it a few ppl have said it looks mint.
I had a bit if oxidation in black roof paint was good but some discoloration like a burn color, so thought I'd try something different with this wrap instead of black paint, you will no doubt have to take it to them like I did to make sure paints good for the wrap as they don't like cars our age due to paint condition. But the price was 300 for roof and spoiler if it had been normal carbon weave that would have been 250. Same as paint being painted up north so thoughts try s wrap.
My dad yeah heavy foot yep for sure he use to have a mk1 capri with race engine custom exhaust and paint with a firebird and pinstripes, this is where I get it from 😆
Thanks for the info mate, think it's something I def need to do 👍

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Picked up some stuff from a local scrapyard. Dash, drivers side underdash (if that's the right term), dash brace, a couple of brackets, and some wiring. Not bad for £20.

Course now I have the stupid idea of upgrading my sim rig setup with a full dash because... 🙄
Are you going for race steering wheel and getting the dash flocked....

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Had a morning in the shed this morning. Having a general fiddle and sort out.
This is just a massive project. Measuring , fixing together . Take it apart again ad bits in wrong place. We all know how it goes.
Making pipe work fit. And things line up. Every single part is head scratching. .
But in the end
IMG-20240824-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20240824-WA0006.jpeg

It's done and we had a bbq.... in the work shop as it rained all bloody day

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Slowly wanting to build a track car, but I'll need a car that drives first.

Starter motor seems to be slowly packing in. It's been a bit temperamental for a while, but the other day no amount of turning it off and on again sorted it... until it did.

Couple of YouTubers say they can be fixed but it's the original so maybe not. Any good replacement manufacturers? What would be a reasonable price to pay for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk