• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Replaced the original Aura CD/tape unit with a more modern Pioneer offering that has red illumination so it doesn't look too out of place.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_102242_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_102242_Maps.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 56

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Ha, good spot Manic172, indeed it was taken right there and not too far from me! I'd already noticed you're only a few miles away in Hemel area.

The other fella was up from Southend for a wedding I think he said. He was pretty darn surprised when I pulled up alongside in almost a mirror image vehicle. Apparently his was a Stage 2 setup and a relatively recent acquisition. I did ask if he was on the forum, however seemed to be on other FB groups.

Reactions: Manic172

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Pioneer.jpg

It's a circa 2017 model MVH-390BT. Shame it doesn't have DAB, however the tuner definitely picks up more stations than the old Aura unit managed to, makes me wonder if the power the Aura supplies to the aerial amp had failed. This one has a CT27AA08 VW Aerial Booster fitted.

Reactions: BadBoy03

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Ha, good spot Manic172, indeed it was taken right there and not too far from me! I'd already noticed you're only a few miles away in Hemel area.

The other fella was up from Southend for a wedding I think he said. He was pretty darn surprised when I pulled up alongside in almost a mirror image vehicle. Apparently his was a Stage 2 setup and a relatively recent acquisition. I did ask if he was on the forum, however seemed to be on other FB groups.
Used to be a food van there called the great griddler .. lol

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Boredom has kicked in. And watching to much youtube and my head wondering around and around.
Screenshot_20240101_092415_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am going to have a go at making some thing like this. To help stableize the rear geometry and make the toe slightly adjustable or corrective .
I hear alot about the rear end geometry being out but with no adjustability.
So going to have a go at making some thing like this . Might see if I can do a kit form so you can weld it your self. Or I can do axles welded up ready to swap. Again I don't know yet but time will tell. And bits have been ordered..🫣 just hope this misses don't find what I spending money on lol

Last edited:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Not my car, but where else am I going to share this?

Out for a walk tonight and heard the sound of rubbing like someone had a puncture, so obviously looked round and saw this fairly new BMW turning right at a t-junction. Was about to wave them down and saw that their nearside front was at a 45 degree angle and oscillating. Then it looked like it was going to come off entirely, so felt sheer panic for the driver, but then it made its way back in again and started rubbing the arches. I have no idea what was wrong with it, but was fully prepared to see sparks and a grounded 3 series coupé. They stopped in the middle of the road and I breathed a sigh of relief, only for them to drive forward again. I thought they were going to pull over in a safer place, given you don't want anyone to t-bone you while you're behind the car fixing your wheel, but no, I looked back and they had disappeared off into the distance like nothing had happened.

I just... can't...

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Boredom has kicked in. And watching to much youtube and my head wondering around and around. View attachment 39909

I am going to have a go at making some thing like this. To help stableize the rear geometry and make the toe slightly adjustable or corrective .
I hear alot about the rear end geometry being out but with no adjustability.
So going to have a go at making some thing like this . Might see if I can do a kit form so you can weld it your self. Or I can do axles welded up ready to swap. Again I don't know yet but time will tell. And bits have been ordered..🫣 just hope this misses don't find what I spending money on lol

Not me slipping down the rabbit hole of finding and examining rear suspension ideas (there's some seriously inventive ideas out there)

Reactions: iammooks

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
You ever think you're unlucky to only find out you're extremely lucky? Settle down kiddos, tis story time.

Pulled out of my road on my morning commute to be greeted by both ABS and traction control light on. Keep driving, the car feels weird with a grinding sound, not constant but repeating a lot.

Uh oh, that's not good, think my wheel bearing is on the way out or I've got some crap in the hub.

I take it easy to get to work, thinking I'll call a friend later. At work I check the brake discs. Drivers side, lukewarm. Passenger side, insta-burn. Disc looks two tone. Crap, pretty certain it's the wheel bearing.

Can't get the car picked up so nurse it to parents house, a couple of mile down the road, to borrow a suicide jack so I can check.

Wheel in the air, hands 12 and 6... it's like the wheel nuts are barely in. Yup, wheel bearing totally gone. Lower the car, think "I better check it's not the wheel bolts", pop the hub cap off and something isn't where it's meant to be.

Not the wheel bolts. This...

20240105_182735.jpg
20240105_182748.jpg

That means I did about 10 miles (in theory) with only the splines of the driveshaft and the brake caliper holding the NSF wheel on.

Terrifying might be an understatement.

Right, so on that note I think I might go buy a lottery ticket because that's some unbelievable luck I've got going on

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Do you think it has been weakened by over tightening in the past?
Get yourself a lottery ticket! Though I’ve been buying them for years and here i am still driving a mk1. 😂

Reactions: BadBoy03
Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)