• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Doesn’t take much to damage them if they jump off then tighten them, nearly happened to me on last lock I did, don’t think you can buy them separately also
Luckily I had the one from my old door that I'd already fixed up and had ready to go. I'm parked round the corner from the house on a road frequented by ne'er do wells, so I didn't fancy leaving the car while I tried to bring that lockring back from the dead. A house with a driveway and a big garage would be a bloody dream - oh the things I'd fix...

I'm going to try to renovate this and hopefully get it working again. I'll leave it in some Bilt Hamber De-Ox Gel for a while and then give it a good wire brush/wet sand and polish it up a bit. It'll be as good as new I tell you...

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Luckily I had the one from my old door that I'd already fixed up and had ready to go. I'm parked round the corner from the house on a road frequented by ne'er do wells, so I didn't fancy leaving the car while I tried to bring that lockring back from the dead. A house with a driveway and a big garage would be a bloody dream - oh the things I'd fix...

I'm going to try to renovate this and hopefully get it working again. I'll leave it in some Bilt Hamber De-Ox Gel for a while and then give it a good wire brush/wet sand and polish it up a bit. It'll be as good as new I tell you...
Not wrong there flimsy things they are oiled the area around there when I did mine,Pain arse having no drive

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Not wrong there flimsy things they are oiled the area around there when I did mine,Pain arse having no drive

Even worse when I live on a one way street and the only parking spaces are on the right hand side. Fine if you need to work on the right side, but not so much when it's the other side. It was lots of fun changing the control arm bushes with vans, taxis and Deliveroo mopeds coming right for me...

The worst part with a lot of the stuff I'm finding on the car is that there was no thought given to servicing or helping parts live longer. Every time I take a nut or bolt out of the car, it goes back in with copper slip or thread lock on it. Just a squirt of lithium grease or something on that handle lockring could have saved me from having to take the whole door apart again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
While we’re waiting…
I changed my crank sensor today. What a pain!! Lossened the bolt from the top of the bay but couldn’t get the sensor out. Jacked the car up. Swore at the undertray for a bit and spent 20mins trying to prize out the sensor from under the car. Finally got it out and replaced with new. Started the car. Nope - flat battery. Charged the battery for a bit and started the car. All working now. Swore at the undertray some more.

bought a new battery last night - Bosch S4 for £63 (25% discount on carparts4less). Seemed like a good deal. When I fit the new battery I’ll be brave enough to take the car for a spin.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I been sent a photo of the leon from the painter..
IMG-20231201-WA0010.jpg

I will get some more tomorrow when I go to my workshop

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Swapped out a rather noisy HVAC fan, booked it in for the MoT, made really stupid discoveries online that means yet more dumb stuff will happen at some point.

Pretty normal Saturday really. Just deciding if I want to go wide arch or not now 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: BadBoy03