• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
You should be able to find out on the Valeo website. I can tell you I bought lights a few years back. One of the numbers was 087482 (checked in my emails) so that doesn’t tally with you photo.
Okay cheers.
I’ll have a look.
If they’re for a LH drive car I’m sure someone abroad can make use of them. :ROFLMAO:

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Just realised my car is in pieces in the garage. Here are the RHD parts:
IMG_8662.jpeg
IMG_8661.jpeg

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Just realised my car is in pieces in the garage. Here are the RHD parts:
View attachment 39044 View attachment 39047
Cheers Stu, yes I also found a another pair of headlights up in the loft too. Good used ones and they have the same numbers as yours.
So anyone in Europe with a mk1 Leon needing a pair of new headlights? :)
Like a lottery win I also found a new original front splitter still in its bag I must have bought years ago and forgot about.
Missus thought I’d found a suitcase full of gold I was that excited. Look of disappointment when I told her what I’d found. :ROFLMAO:

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Also, don’t know if anyone is into models?
I am offering for sale an ultra ultra rare mk1 Cupra R 1.43 scale in red made by neo.
These are unbelievably detailed resin models near impossible to find.
Think they were made in 2009 and they did red, yellow, silver and black ( with red interior strangely).
Only reason I’m selling this one is I have one of each already. Found the silver one last year after years and years of searching and paid over £100 for it.
I had two red ones as I was going to strip one down and paint it platinum grey but it would be impossible due to the delicate detailing.
So offering it to all you mk1 fans first before putting it out there.
Model is mint, Perspex box is cracked on one corner.
456E30E2-2AC6-494C-A7AB-AF5F00D11238.jpeg

EE7E1CD0-DC1C-44AF-9A61-B174596A878C.jpeg

687AB583-23CB-4A57-A813-DA9A70DD8E29.jpeg

7BB0DBDF-3991-4129-8429-39BB8183F327.jpeg

1DA2E750-EF21-4607-BF70-EC47B63A8FC0.jpeg

Here’s my little shelf of mk1’s so you can see the size of these compared to the big red and yellow Otto models.
PM me if interested.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
IMG_8668.jpeg
IMG_8679.jpeg
Installed my new condenser and radiator. Slam panel is back on the car. A/C compressor installed and new o-rings on all the A/C lines.
I even removed the bonnet lock and cleaned it up. My god they get filthy!
I filled up the coolant and ran the car up to temperature. It took an age to get the lower radiator coolant pipe to get warm. All seems good though.
next step is to get the a/c guy round to gas the system. Then I’ll stick the bumper and lights back on.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Also, don’t know if anyone is into models?
I am offering for sale an ultra ultra rare mk1 Cupra R 1.43 scale in red made by neo.
These are unbelievably detailed resin models near impossible to find.
Think they were made in 2009 and they did red, yellow, silver and black ( with red interior strangely).
Only reason I’m selling this one is I have one of each already. Found the silver one last year after years and years of searching and paid over £100 for it.
I had two red ones as I was going to strip one down and paint it platinum grey but it would be impossible due to the delicate detailing.
So offering it to all you mk1 fans first before putting it out there.
Model is mint, Perspex box is cracked on one corner.
View attachment 39063
View attachment 39064
View attachment 39065
View attachment 39066
View attachment 39067
Here’s my little shelf of mk1’s so you can see the size of these compared to the big red and yellow Otto models.
PM me if interested.
nice that , I've got a Norev Renault 5 GT turbo same scale as that you can open the doors,boot ect amazing detail they are hard to get know or there expensive,

Reactions: Nathan penney

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Recently acquired an LC so have been checking loads of stuff the last couple of weeks.

Today I had the Cupra sideskirts off for a good clean and checkout sill condition - squished pinch welds to address.

Yesterday checked out the rear washer joint in boot. All good and someone had tapednit in the past.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Nice one m8! Awesome job, a labour of love for sure 😁 👍
Out of interest, was the bonnet lock removal straight forward? Mine is in desperate need of attention...along with the endless list of other jobs I'll one day tick off 😂
Yes. Bonnet lock is quite straight forward. Two torx screws to remove the cover plate, then you can release the cable which is quite fiddly because it’s covered in filth and a bit blind. Then another torx screw and it’ll pop out. And one electrical connector.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Yes. Bonnet lock is quite straight forward. Two torx screws to remove the cover plate, then you can release the cable which is quite fiddly because it’s covered in filth and a bit blind. Then another torx screw and it’ll pop out. And one electrical connector.
To get the bonnet lock off does the grill or bumper need to come off? I tried getting the grill off it’s solid in places

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Gave it a wash, put it up for sale.

In my favourite colour too. Someone's gong to bite your arm off at that price.

Girlfriend wants me to get an A5 - and the diesel gives her enough car sickness as it is, so don't think I'd be able to get that by her.

If you've still got it this time next month...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members