• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The rear quarter glasses actually quite simple to remove and yes it's integral to the rubber frame and door lip seal.
You can prise the rubber lip up from inside whilst pushing the glass panel outwards.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
The rear quarter glasses actually quite simple to remove and yes it's integral to the rubber frame and door lip seal.
You can prise the rubber lip up from inside whilst pushing the glass panel outwards.

Nice... Thank you!

929e5b731def0ec6805edfd449e93d4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee

Thai, have you got any good condition drivers-side rear door quarter glass for sale??

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Looks like it could be bad news. Now I have the rad pack off, the new a/c condenser is physically slightly different to the new one I have. Could be a show stopper. I’m going to have to review part numbers tomorrow morning.
Noooo, that is a major pain in the arse you really don't need. I'm really sorry to hear that mate, I hope today brings fresh hope. 🤞

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Noooo, that is a major pain in the arse you really don't need. I'm really sorry to hear that mate, I hope today brings fresh hope. 🤞
I’ve had to order a genuine condenser from Deutsch parts. Hopefully will have it by Tuesday if I’m lucky. Photo below shows the issue with the Mahle part I have. The a/c connection position is quite different. Annoying because I used the Mahle part catalog to buy the right part. Even their CAD diagram reflects the correct position.
IMG_8642.jpeg
Anyhow, I’ve swapped out the compressor and have put the job on hold.

IMG_8644.jpeg

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
I’ve had to order a genuine condenser from Deutsch parts. Hopefully will have it by Tuesday if I’m lucky. Photo below shows the issue with the Mahle part I have. The a/c connection position is quite different. Annoying because I used the Mahle part catalog to buy the right part. Even their CAD diagram reflects the correct position.
View attachment 38972 Anyhow, I’ve swapped out the compressor and have put the job on hold.

View attachment 38971
Fingers crossed for you 🤞
It is so frustrating when you are on a a job, you've done your homework, planned it all out & the part just ain't right. It will be worth it in the end though 👍

Nov 7, 2023
Need to give my VZN Midnight Black a wash and re-wax, can anyone recommend a Wax or Cleaning bundle at all? The beading on the car looked lovely in the first month, around 2 month in now and it hasn't got that look in the rain anymore and I want it back.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Need to give my VZN Midnight Black a wash and re-wax, can anyone recommend a Wax or Cleaning bundle at all? The beading on the car looked lovely in the first month, around 2 month in now and it hasn't got that look in the rain anymore and I want it back.
Do you have an Ateca, if so you have posted in the wrong section this is for MK1 Leons.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
remove the cowl panel that's just as bad and I've done it before to flush the jet washers out when i first got the leon, and recent to seal the pollen filter box, your like wtf lol

I got down and dirty (there's no choice when it comes to that job) with that a couple of years ago when the seal failed around the main wiring loom and my washer jets kept clogging. Ended up cleaning everything - scuttle, hoses, washer bottle, the insides of the wings... I was amazed there wasn't any rust, given how clogged it was.

Looking at the pollen filter side, I know I'm probably going to have to do it all again, as there's a load of sycamore seeds merrily rotting away under the scuttle.

Love how SEAT thought a 2p sized slot was going to be enough to drain all the water and leaves...

Reactions: Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
I got down and dirty (there's no choice when it comes to that job) with that a couple of years ago when the seal failed around the main wiring loom and my washer jets kept clogging. Ended up cleaning everything - scuttle, hoses, washer bottle, the insides of the wings... I was amazed there wasn't any rust, given how clogged it was.

Looking at the pollen filter side, I know I'm probably going to have to do it all again, as there's a load of sycamore seeds merrily rotting away under the scuttle.

Love how SEAT thought a 2p sized slot was going to be enough to drain all the water and leaves...

seal the bottom of the pollen filter box with butyl tape while your at it the foam on mine was going all like the doors, its defiantly sealed now lol

Last edited:

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
used allot of good waxs over the years but after using autoglym polish i use Armor all shield over the top it lasts for ages and was surprised how good it was you can also use it on plastics and rubber even the side windows, so you don't need other products, mad gear for price and better than some of the expensive gear I've bought over the years

Attachments

• armorall-shield-wax-500ml-29200033.jpg
    armorall-shield-wax-500ml-29200033.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 39

mmisch

Oct 22, 2022
The Netherlands
installed some LED drl headlights yesterday, modified the units so that they go on by ignition and not that the DRL turns on when i have my lights on (defeats the purpose of DRL..)
Took some work for the wiring and fitting aftermarket LED's into aftermarket headlights, but it worked out. Bumper removal and reinstall was kinda frustating about the bolts placements but ohwell.. car looks much cleaner

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
53011D74-8940-4887-BF18-9908D1B7D20D.jpeg

1C6EA5EC-5204-469E-8CCF-EAEBD97C5E40.jpeg

Just sorting my loft out and dug out these headlights.
Assuming there is a difference between the lights for LH and RH drive cars?
Will the part numbers be different?
Cheers.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
View attachment 39041
View attachment 39042
Just sorting my loft out and dug out these headlights.
Assuming there is a difference between the lights for LH and RH drive cars?
Will the part numbers be different?
Cheers.
You should be able to find out on the Valeo website. I can tell you I bought lights a few years back. One of the numbers was 087482 (checked in my emails) so that doesn’t tally with you photo.

Reactions: Nathan penney
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.