• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Discovered that I don't have the M10 triple square I need to get my rear door off, so while I'm waiting for that to arrive, does anyone know if there's a right or wrong way to take the seals off? I need to take it off my old door to put on the new.

Is there any adhesive or do you just push them on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Discovered that I don't have the M10 triple square I need to get my rear door off, so while I'm waiting for that to arrive, does anyone know if there's a right or wrong way to take the seals off? I need to take it off my old door to put on the new.

Is there any adhesive or do you just push them on?

Which seals exactly?

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Which seals exactly?

bdaed18a874f7d7498db75c4e362eed2.jpg

This one...

Reactions: BadBoy03

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The bottom half is pushed onto the edge and upper half has clips.
Carefully prise them out with a trim removal tool as close to the clips as possible or you'll pull them out of the rubber

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
The bottom half is pushed onto the edge and upper half has clips.
Carefully prise them out with a trim removal tool as close to the clips as possible or you'll pull them out of the rubber

Thanks! That's what I thought, but this car has a habit of having me tug away at something when there's a hidden clip somewhere.

Reckon I'll strip the old door once I've swapped them over - the lock in the old one still works, just that the microswitch doesn't recognise that the door's open. Should just need to re-flow the solder and I'll have a working spare.

Now that I've said that though...

Reactions: BadBoy03

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Thanks! That's what I thought, but this car has a habit of having me tug away at something when there's a hidden clip somewhere.

Reckon I'll strip the old door once I've swapped them over - the lock in the old one still works, just that the microswitch doesn't recognise that the door's open. Should just need to re-flow the solder and I'll have a working spare.

Now that I've said that though...

i was going to solder, instead i just cut and used a connector block at least then swapping out switches is less faff, also the switches are handed left and right, as i had a working switch from passenger but it would not fit on the drivers or rear drivers, id lightly re-grease the mech inside there also as the old white grease or what ever they use dry's up putting more stress on the motor probably why the motor fails

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Looking at your tyre wear tells you a lot about your suspension setup...

20231011_162538.jpg

See, good suspension settings mean even wear across the whole w...wait a minute...

20231011_162544.jpg

Ok, so we learned two lessons here. 1) I may need a tyre with a stiffer sidewall (this is the outer edge) and/or a degree more static camber. And 2) Yeah, may be an idea to check all the way round the tyre instead of cursory glance when parked up 🤦🏻‍♂️ (only worn like this one part of the tyre, not the whole thin)

Last edited:

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Looking at your tyre wear tells you a lot about your suspension setup...

View attachment 38668

See, good suspension settings mean even wear across the whole w...wait a minute...

View attachment 38669

Ok, so we learned two lessons here. 1) I may need a tyre with a stiffer sidewall (this is the outer edge) and/or a degree more static camber. And 2) Yeah, may be an idea to check all the way round the tyre instead of cursory glance when parked up 🤦🏻‍♂️ (only worn like this one part of the tyre, not the whole thin)
Have all 4 wheels laser tracked i had this done when both front ball joints were replaced as i was getting 4 new tyres just in case that happened.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Yup! That is my fronts when the toe is slightly out.

I can't say my Leon is ever gentle on tyres, even when everything is bob on.

And also the rear twist beam setup dates back to the first golf in the mid seventies.
Tyres were much taller then & less bothered with the camber changes inherent with that set up.
The wider, lower tyres of today don't enjoy running with camber.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Are those Goodyear Efficient Grips? they do love to roll off the shoulders if the toe-in is a smidge out.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.