• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Welp, after todays weather unsurprisingly there's water making its way in. Somehow it's not through the door, it appears to be coming through the scuttle panel.... again

Ok I had this years back. It’s most likely the drain points either end of the scuttle area.
So where your pollen filter is. Beside this and further in. ( into the corner. )
All that fills with mulch from teees etc. there are drainage holes there too that drain to the arch. Get in there with coat hanger etc. get all **** out then pour boiling water in and drain holes will clear. I never had a problem after doing that. May have even done a thread on here years back.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: BadBoy03

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Nooo, after all that trouble.
I sheeted down my Cupra a few weeks ago, but moisture is trapped in the car, so time again for dehumidifier packs.
UK weather is very challenging for these cars & their owners.😎

Is it the weather or the design of the cars?

I mean, there's only so many times I can be arsed to remove wiper arms, lift up worn out plastic, try to not break the next bit of plastic, skin knuckles trying to unplug the harness, see how many swear words can be said trying the get the wiper mech out of the way before topping up the butyl tape that clearly wasn't enough last time 😂😂😂😂

Refitting is the reverse

At least I don't have carpets to be a problem 😄😄😄

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
got wheels fitted this weekend love it,!

1695587484877.jpeg

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
The pollen filter box seal was bugging me so I did it also found and clip had snapped that holds the washer jet pipe, just used a cable tie pad with better adhesive to hold it on also the trim that’s fixed to the window one side was coming off so I used Gorilla grab adhesive after all the soil was cleaned and there was allot,
cleaned best I could and used AC90 spray all inside as it drys like a film,
Bottom of pollen box using Butyl tape is sealed better than Ocean Gate now

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpeg
    IMG_0419.jpeg
    657.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    602.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0417.jpeg
    IMG_0417.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
🤤 great job!
Did you use a car polisher or particular detailing products on the black paint? I'd like to know as my black is not as shiny as it used to be, even though I use clay bar & select products carefully.
hey thanks mate, yea i used an orbital polisher in conjunction with this.... compound kit i always have done on my cars expensive put really high gloss level compared to most. its lasted about 5 years. i protect it with fusso soft 99, really hydrophobic.

Reactions: Battoussai

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
hey thanks mate, yea i used an orbital polisher in conjunction with this.... compound kit i always have done on my cars expensive put really high gloss level compared to most. its lasted about 5 years. i protect it with fusso soft 99, really hydrophobic.
Cheers m8, I'll look in to it! I certainly don't begrudge the cost for any products that look after my car 😂👍

Reactions: Reggie Cupra TDi

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Just been tailed by a focus ST twat. He was revving & dumping continuously, stuck to my rear.
I'm all for a spirited drive but when you floor it up to speed bumps, then slam on the brakes, nearly crashing into me, do one.
I crawled even slower after, rev all you like mf 😁

Reactions: Sparkie

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Just been tailed by a focus ST twat. He was revving & dumping continuously, stuck to my rear.
I'm all for a spirited drive but when you floor it up to speed bumps, then slam on the brakes, nearly crashing into me, do one.
I crawled even slower after, rev all you like mf

That's why I'm starting to prefer the sleeper look of the FR to the Cupra R I lusted over for years. It's a bit more refined and people don't ride your bumper thinking you're going to race them.

I'm gradually working myself up to do my cat. Need to buy one first but I'm not looking forward to taking off the old one - will be using the noisy gun if I still have bolts left to grab onto.

Silly really. Put it off because the guy on my street I talk cars to was putting doubt in my mind, but he's the one who's adamant he's got an injector problem when every time he starts his van I can hear the starter motor screaming in pain.

Then it'll be clutch and then probably bonnet respray. Gutted that I missed an almost mint bonnet in my colour on [mention]Thai-wronghorse [/mention] eBay the other week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bruceR and BadBoy03

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Exhaust is hanging low because the rubber on the hanger has stretched. Took me all morning to get the corroded farside bolt out, but did it in the end.

£14 for two replacements o_O

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
That's why I'm starting to prefer the sleeper look of the FR to the Cupra R I lusted over for years. It's a bit more refined and people don't ride your bumper thinking you're going to race them.

I'm gradually working myself up to do my cat. Need to buy one first but I'm not looking forward to taking off the old one - will be using the noisy gun if I still have bolts left to grab onto.

Silly really. Put it off because the guy on my street I talk cars to was putting doubt in my mind, but he's the one who's adamant he's got an injector problem when every time he starts his van I can hear the starter motor screaming in pain.

Then it'll be clutch and then probably bonnet respray. Gutted that I missed an almost mint bonnet in my colour on [mention]Thai-wronghorse [/mention] eBay the other week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Inbox me mate, ive got some good news

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Replaced the exhaust hanger. Looks original and you can see how the rubber has stretched. Tip now sits a bit higher, although it's some sort of custom job so it'll never fit quite as well as a Milltek or a Cobra.

Attachments

• IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: BadBoy03 and Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Ordered theses for the inner wing splash gaurds as some were breaking up https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.5f3f18029BQgBb as i removed them to sort the rust on the bottom edge of the driver wing, then i found a hole at the bottom of the wing when clearing it out, i had to remove the cover from wing to body to get at it even the side skirt, ground out rust using a drill rasp then treated and fiberglass filler and used hammarite waxoil underseal in all the inside bottom of wing, looked at passenger side and that was fine but still undersealed it as its the best gear to use around that area..

Oct 8, 2023
Hello guys i have Seat Leon 2008 TDI BMN engine 220.000km, K&N Panel filter, downpipe 76mm and complete staight pipe 63mm. I got my turbo 1749vc to hybrid 1752, What type of oil should i use the car was running on 5-30w but the tuner told me for that kind of turbine that i need to run on 5-50 or even 10-60. Thoughts on this ?

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)