• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Oil and filter change. Halfords have 5 litres of mobil 1 5w-30 ESP for £48 atm, then if you use the code MOTORING10 at checkout you get a further 10% off making it £42.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
does anyone know how to get hold of the genuine CUPRA R splitter these days?
Discontinued unfortunately.
Lots of people after them understandably.
I was fortunate enough to get a genuine new one end of last year but it came from Latvia.
Seat probably thought they’d made enough to last for years but every Tom, **** and Harry put them on other cars too. :rolleyes:

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Oh f*&% that! "Yeah just drill out the rivets", having drilled out rivets in the super sturdy *ahem* metal of those door cards, I'd just stick a whole new (second hand) one in 😂😂😂

Anyway, it's not as daunting as it may seem, the hardest part is either removing/inserting the glass (faffing with seals, yeesh) or undoing the door mech electrical connector (pro tip for anyone who wants to know: push it inwards before pulling down the locking bit and wiggling the connector off).
Seen the whole inner panel and regulators sold on eBay

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Couldn't find an inner door around the north west anyway so I had little choice but to buy a regulator. Will report back when I've done it / got stuck and burnt the car to the ground.

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
Discontinued unfortunately.
Lots of people after them understandably.
I was fortunate enough to get a genuine new one end of last year but it came from Latvia.
Seat probably thought they’d made enough to last for years but every Tom, **** and Harry put them on other cars too. :rolleyes:
thanks pal that's a shame, there is a 3 piece one on eBay looks the same but i can not see it fitting well without the proper lugs on it to locate the bumper.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I should have, I'll check the workshop tomorrow mate.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Awesome - thank you. The car's been good to me this past year since I fixed all the boost leaks and polybushed it. I owe it - and it'll be nice to not have that random knocking sound from the rear that pisses me off to no end. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. Given that it wasn't me who duct taped the regulator because they broke the fixings, that and the fact they then passed it back to me like that without saying a word.

There's a name we give people like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yellow fr

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Opened the door. Discovered this. I’m assuming it came from under the seat. Is it easy to fit back on?
IMG_6922.jpeg

Lesson learned - don’t look at your 20year old car - something will break. 🙂

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Go to car and absofeckinglootely dead.
Go to charge battery, 6v, oh dear.
Force charge it with proper old fashioned charger.
And, it only goes to 10.5v.
Shorted cell. Bugger.
Battery is an ex battery.
Disappointing as it was a genuine Honda battery,
I've seen a few Jap batteries still going strong after eight years

Thursday was dead alternator on Berlingo.
Saturday, injector failed on Berlingo.
Monday, the sodding Seat has joined the eat money party.

096 battery here we come.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Go to car and absofeckinglootely dead.
Go to charge battery, 6v, oh dear.
Force charge it with proper old fashioned charger.
And, it only goes to 10.5v.
Shorted cell. Bugger.
Battery is an ex battery.
Disappointing as it was a genuine Honda battery,
I've seen a few Jap batteries still going strong after eight years

Thursday was dead alternator on Berlingo.
Saturday, injector failed on Berlingo.
Monday, the sodding Seat has joined the eat money party.

096 battery here we come.
On my 7th year with one of these bosch ones. https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-car-battery-027-5-year-guarantee-444770278

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members