• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
"New" back box was a genuine VAG part I got for peanuts, nine years ago as the back box on the car looked scabby then.
Finally, after waiting nine years, the box has great sheets of rusty steel hanging off it, rattling on the bodywork.
But the internal skin is pristine stainless steel,, still leak free.
I should have just cut off the scabby bits and called it good.
The original pipe will still be there in another twenty years, it took long enough to cut through it.
The original exhaust was stunningly well built.
At least compared to the Renaults, Fords & Datsuns of my youth. 3 years tops.
lucky on the back box there suppose tobe expensive as well, sounds like the exhaust is heavy gauge no wonder they last, on issue i had was the back bow hanging bracket rotted and broke off i had that rewelded and it was heavy lifting it up to temp support it, could of done it myself but I've not welded for years even though I've got one , when i got it back i spayed high temp silver spray paint on it and the back pipes were they are welded..

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
The original lasted twenty years, the nine years was how long I had the replacement sitting in the shed waiting for the original to drop off.

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
no its yellow, the passenger one i have is blue, and my car is black, going to be doing a diy spray job, i will post progress at some point, should be a challenge
no its yellow, the passenger one i have is blue, and my car is black, going to be doing a diy spray job, i will post progress at some point, should be a challenge
finally after about 12months of buying the first wing off @S70DGE its been fit, along with the other side too, i did promise an update and so here it is with pictures. makes me proud as i build home made spray booth in the garage for these and now i indeed to do wheels in due course. First time spray painting and i think the results are fab. long live this 160k leon CUPRA Tdi :p

1687641613701.jpeg

1687641635209.jpeg

1687641648716.jpeg

1687641665460.jpeg

1687641693875.jpeg

1687641712289.jpeg

1687641744839.jpeg

1687641757662.jpeg

hope you enjoyed the picture dump !

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
have been meaning to do the EGr valve clean up for a while and so i did it today! look at the state of this one... after i put it all back together the car failed to start and i think it was due to carbon build up in the inlet manifold i scrapped it off with the vacuum close by and maybe some made its way down to the inlet whoops, anyway my neighbour came to the rescue and said have you tries easy start, so in it went straight down the intake pipe and she lives on! so anyone else attempting this have your can of easy start at the ready !

1687642276663.jpeg

1687642289665.jpeg

1687642299985.jpeg

1687642313548.jpeg

that's all for now.. will post once the wheels are done.. I'm going YELLOW GOLD wish me luck!

Reactions: Nam-uk and Alexis27

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Made a start on changing the offside rear door lock module after it started refusing to unlock.
Was doing well until I came across the plastic pin thing in the rear glass and had to read up on how to get it out. Will have to drive around with the glass taped up until a new pin arrives next week.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Made a start on changing the offside rear door lock module after it started refusing to unlock.
Was doing well until I came across the plastic pin thing in the rear glass and had to read up on how to get it out. Will have to drive around with the glass taped up until a new pin arrives next week.

One of those things main dealers can get those really cheap. I should have bought more of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alexis27

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Effing door handle mechanism ring effed up so now handle won't go back in. Hate those bloody things. Had to order a replacement off eBay

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Effing door handle mechanism ring effed up so now handle won't go back in. Hate those bloody things. Had to order a replacement off eBay
I had exactly same issue on the drivers door couple of months ago, I wound the bolt right back and managed to get the ring slotted in its not exactly secure but is once tightened up, I was going to order a part but try winding the bolt right back,
all because of the puddle microswitch

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Fcked it lads.

Didn't realise you had to reinstall the window motor before pushing the glass down. So the plastic carrier shattered inside.

Gonna just look for an entire replacement inner door plate with its regulator from a scrappy because installing a new one looks a nightmare.

• Sad
Reactions: g60stu

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Fcked it lads.

Didn't realise you had to reinstall the window motor before pushing the glass down. So the plastic carrier shattered inside.

Gonna just look for an entire replacement inner door plate with its regulator from a scrappy because installing a new one looks a nightmare.
Seen them on eBay , cheapest I can find I did see new but was a while back.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
I might as well just stick a new one on second thoughts now I've found a decent video:

Just got spooked earlier when the first video I came across was some **** who messed it up on his Golf :p:p

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Doing the rear locks you’ve nearly stripped out the whole thing anyway, bet it’s not as hard as you think it is,
Not sure why it’s done in 3 parts

Last edited:

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I did an oil and filter change with my new oil catcher.
It caught about a litre (maybe) the rest well it flowed everywhere but on the oil catcher.
Used a lot of a roll of blue roll.

Oh it seems like there's some sort of strainer in it, that's in the bin now.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
I might as well just stick a new one on second thoughts now I've found a decent video:

Just got spooked earlier when the first video I came across was some **** who messed it up on his Golf :p:p

Oh f*&% that! "Yeah just drill out the rivets", having drilled out rivets in the super sturdy *ahem* metal of those door cards, I'd just stick a whole new (second hand) one in 😂😂😂

Anyway, it's not as daunting as it may seem, the hardest part is either removing/inserting the glass (faffing with seals, yeesh) or undoing the door mech electrical connector (pro tip for anyone who wants to know: push it inwards before pulling down the locking bit and wiggling the connector off).

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Oh f*&% that! "Yeah just drill out the rivets", having drilled out rivets in the super sturdy *ahem* metal of those door cards, I'd just stick a whole new (second hand) one in 😂😂😂

Anyway, it's not as daunting as it may seem, the hardest part is either removing/inserting the glass (faffing with seals, yeesh) or undoing the door mech electrical connector (pro tip for anyone who wants to know: push it inwards before pulling down the locking bit and wiggling the connector off).
I need to do that with mine. I haven't had the lock changed on my offside rear door, so it must be from when I had some accident damage repaired there - the person repairing must have ripped the regulator off the door, as it's now held on with two bits of duct tape. Took me years to find out what the knocking sound was.

Going to take the whole inner door skin out and just put a used one in - sounds like it's going to be easier, and I can change the lock at the same time. It's just the microswitch that's gone, as the puddle light doesn't come on and the car locks itself if I just have that door open.

I haven't done any work on the car this year really, so it kind of deserves it... Calling @Thai-wronghorse

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018