• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Drove to Basingstoke today to pick up a mountain bike, so had a good run. Car is back to 50+mpg so I think changing the CCV pipe has worked a treat.

Noticed my side indicator on the driver's side isn't working though. From what I can see, it's the whole unit that needs changing, but after doing a bit of research, I'm hearing things about Fiesta mk6 indicators being a good swap? Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39421084...REjzh/x/hqXIoRwOF5W2yvjQ==|tkp:Bk9SR6Do4Za4YQ get theses for a bit of bling lol, problem is you might not pass mot , surly there's genuine on fleebay

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
i know pressured hoses can be pricy but 300 quid , problem is if you went second its a big risk
I know, it's a massive PITA. The garage said they'd fit second hand, but also said they're in a really bad spot on the Mk 4 platform because water drips down on them from the scuttle and they've changed loads over the years.

But also did some googling - Audi used to want $400 back in the day :oops:
Also came across a post on a TT forum where they'd split on the motorway and he lost his power steering all of a sudden, which would be pretty scary.

Reactions: Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.

Genuine units if you need them. They actually make quite a difference with their new shiny plastic. Your old ones will have gone dull but you don't really notice until you put new ones on.
Nice handy too have , got a few eBay shops that have surplus parts form suppliers but it’s getting thin on the ground.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
b6cd24f92da36043f5b5a02dfddf83b4.jpg

These jobs always end up with a few more steps added on. It came out fine when I took the bulb out but when I went to put the new bulb in, it just came apart. That explains why there was condensation in there. Currently sat holding it together while the epoxy sets.

The old o-ring was a bit perished and flat so I've ordered some new ones from eBay that should be here by the weekend. I'll do both sides.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like these kinds of jobs - the ones nobody is going to notice or know about, but it just makes the car better, more together, like when I put rubber grommets behind the lower dash to stop it from creaking, or putting new sticky foam on the hands free mic. The car might be old, but it's properly 'together'.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
MoT on Monday. Are we going to take bets on pass/fail, or just skip all that and guess what it's going to fall on?

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
I got let loose in a local scrapyard which meant

A) my front splitter was in real danger as the road is full of potholes (not to mention bucket seats and lwered/stiffened suspension)

And B) I picked up a load of parts and, probably worse still, a load of ideas so expect some updates on the cars as some poi t through the year (yes, they'll be pretty mad, as you'd expect)

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I reckon it'll pass, lots of advisories but a pass
Pass. Advisory on my headlight (condensation) and the usual brake pipes covered in grease etc. that a quick spray with brake cleaner will solve. Can't really be bothered to take the bumper off to replace the light though. One for the summer.

The tester took me aside and said that my subframe bushes were on their way out too, but didn't put that on the report. That'll be a fun fix...

It feels like ages since I've had to do any proper work on that bloody car - although I'm bound to regret saying that now...

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Pass. Advisory on my headlight (condensation) and the usual brake pipes covered in grease etc. that a quick spray with brake cleaner will solve. Can't really be bothered to take the bumper off to replace the light though. One for the summer.

The tester took me aside and said that my subframe bushes were on their way out too, but didn't put that on the report. That'll be a fun fix...

I may be able to provide a spare subframe which might make life easier

Reactions: iammooks

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.

It feels like ages since I've had to do any proper work on that bloody car - although I'm bound to regret saying that now...
brake pipes full of grease? has the cv covers ripped or securing strap failed? never had that as an advisory but they have replaced the cv securing straps a few times while on the mot..

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Drill some holes through the inside plastic cover to help with your condensation

Think I'll give that a try - the unit is pretty much fine otherwise. Where would you drill? Top, back, sides?

I may be able to provide a spare subframe which might make life easier

That could be useful - it's something I've not done before and I'd kind of prefer to recondition and rust proof one, fit the bushes in that and then put that in, rather than spend ages doing that to the existing one.

brake pipes full of grease? has the cv covers ripped or securing strap failed? never had that as an advisory but they have replaced the cv securing straps a few times while on the mot..

It's the offside front and nearside rear, so I'm guessing it's just muck from the road. I'll take a closer look when it's warmer out and give it a clean just for peace of mind.

Reactions: BadBoy03
Jan 31, 2023
Had problems with rear doors locking mechanism couldnt open from outside so took apart clean contacts for motors working like a clock.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.