OBD Modifications

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
Show a picture of yours? I have to look this one is the first one who came out.

Remover the cover from the steering kolom and tachoframe bij pulling and then turn the wheel 0.25 a turn. Look at the backside you see a hole ( see the movie.) just put a flat screwdriver and push away the little wire you see. Turn the wheel half a turn and do the same. Set steering wheel straight and disconnect the battery. Remove the airbag.

Remove torx M12 bold and disconnect airbag and control module connector. Remove also the connector for steering wheel heating iff its there. Remove steering wheel en put new one on the car. Put everything back and done that part. Recode and done
Okay I think I get it now, thanks for the explanation! Just one question, how does one disconnect the battery?

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Show a picture of yours? I have to look this one is the first one who came out.
Mine looks like this, the road and other vehicles are grey instead of blue. I'm on software version 1788.

ta4-jpg.26144

Reactions: BerkinAkdeniz

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
I don’t have yet travel assist but my view for acc is the same as Zoidberg and I’m on 1672
Also on 1672 but only see vehicles in the other lane when passing by from the wrong side (on the right in NL)

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
Hello,

Do you know if someone has managed to activate travel assist without the capacitive steering wheel?

Yeah, but you get the put hands on steering wheel message every 10 secs and you have to physically move the wheel, which is a PITA

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
It's not actually TA. It's changing the lane assist point of intervention to early instead of late, which emulates the TA function.

Oct 14, 2021
that's a shame, then I hope I can solve the heating problem. Hopefully you will also find out how to activate the lane display
Could you find the solution to the problem of the steering wheel heating?
The same thing happened to me when I changed my heated steering wheel for another capacitive and heated one, I can't get it to work and I get a heating fault on the steering wheel all the time.
Is there any way to solve the problem?
In some moments if it works but it does not let me set the heat intensity levels, it only turns on and after a short while I get a failure of the heated steering wheel.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise